Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

TRANSFORMERS! Robots in disguise!

Ok, just got back from seeing it myself. I rather enjoyed it. Not being a die-hard fan of the original, I can't comment on the discrepancies like others are doing, but I did enjoy it.

One thing that bugged me was that it seemed rather rushed. I dunno, I think they probally edited out a lot of good scenes that helped keep the action from running together, because there was a great deal of abrutness to it. I also didn't like the camera action during the fighting. I'm sorry, I know it's a way to blend real and cg, but it always gives me motion sickness. I HATE that!! I mean, half the time I couldn't tell what was happening or who was hitting who and then I had to look away because it was making me sick. How are people with motion sickness supposed to enjoy movies now!

*ok, stopping rant there, sorry*

Anyways, yes I love Bumblebee, but honestly. Who wouldn't love having a car that looks like a Camero and can transform into something that will kick someone's ass? XD He'd be my best friend too.

And I liked the humor. The kept it out of the big ass fight scene at the end, and it kept the movie from being to heavy. In a way, the humor was the 'human' element. The bad-assedness was the Transformers. *shurgs*

And for music? I'd've been happy to hear this. ^_^;

Anyways, I'd go see it again in a heartbeat. It was worth the drive to the theatre to watch, and hopefully any sequals won't degrade the quality of this one.

Oh, and a great quote posted on my linkshell's MB (something about a reply to some dicussion of how Transformers will never compaire to Shakespere):

Besides, if Optimus Prime walked down the street TODAY and said, "I need Earth's help to defeat the Decepticons!" every male aged 23-30 would pick up whatever they had at hand and follow Prime TO THE DEATH. I'd like to see Shakespeare get the same response.

I would just like to add to that that there are a lot of women that age that would join. ^_^;

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Oh, and a great quote posted on my linkshell's MB (something about a reply to some dicussion of how Transformers will never compaire to Shakespere):

I would just like to add to that that there are a lot of women that age that would join. ^_^;

I think the women would follow bumblebee XD

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I thought this movie was soooo kick ass! There wasn't anything really about the movie that wasn't good. I even shead a tear for bumblebee (I know I'm a big baby!) He was my favorite I think. I really liked the bond between the boy and his car. It reminded me of when I had my first car (Jeep Cherokee, red) except mine didn't transform.. You have to love when the car dumps the kids off in the tunnel, and comes back BEAUTIFUL! I got goosebumps on that one. Awesome! Can't wait for the DVD!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I would just like to add, that I totally love the sound they make when they transform. ^_^;

YES! I have to agree!

I wonder how they generated that sound. If they used the sound clip from the animated series and made it cooler, or what...guess we will have to wait for the extras on the DVD!^_^;

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I think they did use the sound from the cartoon. Think about it. In the trailer, most people had no idea what the movie was until that sound played. Then just about everyone connected it with Transformers. *L*

And I'm sorry, I liked Bumblebee, I thought he was sweet and cool and all, but I'm an Optimus Prime fan. He was my favorite in the original cartoon, and that trend continues now. ^_^; And I know people are complining about his color job and new look, but I loved it! He looks so much more bad-ass in this. If they people that made the original cartoon could've draw him that way, they probally would have. He looks more...alien...I think, but he's still familar. He's got the same attitude and the same voice (a master stroke, btw, he's not Optimus Prime without that voice!).

And people are also complaning about Megatron's look. And yeah, I can see their point, but think of it in terms of the movie's plot. He's been frozen for several thousand years, has every intention of killing humanity off, and is totally badass enough to just go outside and start doing so. Why waste time and energy with disguses? *shrugs*

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

OMFG! Check out this video!!! A real life Transformer!

THE REAL TRANSFORMERS:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=362473

and this one is just plain goofy...

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=623747

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Sesshoumaru

Just downloaded it and it was awsome.

I would have gladly payed to watch it. but i dont see why i should have to wait 23 days more then the rest of the world.

If i get a pet, it will be names Optimus

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I finally watched Transformers today and I was disappointed. :\

*cough* Dream come true? Hardly! That movie, while very enjoyable and very impressive, left alot to be desired. For instance:

I really did not like Optimus's new color scheme. If they went through all the trouble of bringing back the orriginal voice actor why couldn't they have had him with a nostalgic red paint job? Also, why would they bring back the orriginal voice of Optimus but not the orriginal voice of Megatron?

Why was Megatron a futuristic jet? I seem to remember that every other of his incarnations (Beast Wars/Beast Machines excluded) had him as a gun or a tank that also had other forms.

They (subtlely) killed off Devastator (I could have sworn I saw Devastator as the tank's name) and Bruticus (if indeed the Tank was named Brawl). By killing off Bonecrusher they can't bring in the Constructicons in later sequels (there will be). Same goes for Brawl and the Combaticons. Now true, you don't 'need' to bring in either of those two teams but it would make sense to bring in the Starscream Brigade, the Combaticons, into the next movie. Now you might ask why bring in any of the combiners into the movie? Well frankly I think it would look really cool.

Nowhere in the movie was the orriginal theme song played. Not even during the end credits. How retro would it have been if they had it at least during the end credits?

The humans had way too big of an impact during the fighting. Um, last time I checked, humans were useless when it came to fighting decepticons in every incarnation of Transformers save this one. This left a bad taste in my mouth and angered me to no end. While it's fine to have the humans help, they did way to much damage. This was just as bad if not worse then in AVP.

Finaly, there was way too much comedy. I thought this was supposed to be an action film not some laugh out loud slapstic comedy routine. And the whole love interest was so horribly cheesy I wanted to hurl by the time the end of the movie came around. There was no need for it! And guys like him don't get girls like that in the end. Ever. Period.

There's probably more that angered me but I can't think of anything else right now. Maybe if I see it again I'll find more and come back to add some more complaints about the movie.

I completely agree with you.

*begins massive rant*

To me, this movie was pretty much an alien invasion movie, except the aliens were transformers. :\ The entire movie focused on the humans and I was looking forward to this being a movie soley focused on the transformers themselves! the autobots hiding outside that witwicky kid's house and the scene with the section 7 guys following that felt like 40 minutes of wasted time.

I wanted that Sam Witwicky kid to die. Over half the movie was his screechy annoying voice and he never shut up. I'd have much rather seen Autobot or deceptacon conversations, but instead theres some JarJar Binks human sized deceptacon getting 1/3 of the movie devoted to it's scenes. guh. Starscream got no air time, and that urked me bad.. that and Megatron was King Kong sized ripping some random autobot in half. The humans should not have been able to do any damage to the deceptacons, and shooting fire extinguishers at bumble bee should not have done shit to him. -_-

The cg was pretty damn good and you'd almost swear those massive robots where there during shooting, but I'd have loved to see all of them actually looking like they did in the cartoon with a few cg improvements. How they hell can you possibly transform an action figure toy like how they transform in the movie. its not possible. and why do the deceptacons have needle sharp teeth, they don't eat anything, they just want to look like carnivores? O_O;

Megatron as a futuristic jet...

This movie was ok, the cg was fine... but most of the actual fights that I've been dieing to see looked like a bunch or random metal rolling around in a ball.. I had such huge massive hopes and ideas for this movie since I was a kid and I wasn't pleased. :(

I bought two things this week for $14.99, this movie and an extension pole for changing outdoor flood light bulbs.. My extension pole pleases me more than this movie. :\

Also, one last thing that pissed me off. The entire movie felt like one big advertisement. There was so much product placement for memory cards, soda, cars, etc. it was like a constant smack in the face of name brand goods. oh, and it promoted the army. the american army is so badass they can take out transformers... no. I support the troops, but no.. the transformers are the shit and the deceptacons should have littered that city street with human corpses. instead there wasn't a drop of blood and swear words were edited out to ensure a pg-13 rating.

ROTFL, I don't understand it either.

After I have cooled down from the excitement of seeing my childhood heroes on the big screen, I do have to say I am a little disappointed with the lackage of Starscream, he was always my favorite. But THANK GOD they didn't use his original voice actor.

LMAO! I was dissapointed they didn't use his horrible original voice. I was actually looking forward to hearing it. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg