Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

TRANSFORMERS! Robots in disguise!

HOLY CRAP! I just saw the greatest movie the universe has ever conceived. I seriously feel like I am 5 years old again. Movies these days can be so disappointing. Let’s face it, there hasn’t been a year like this in a long time for the movie industry. I guess with box office numbers down Hollywood decided to do something about it.

I won’t lie. Deep in my heart I knew there was a chance that this movie was going to be a let down. But it being TRANSFORMERS and the fact that Steven Spielberg’s name was tagged on it, I believed so hard that this movie was going to be fantastical… It was. The characters, the story, the action, and some of the original voice actors from the 80’s cartoon made the big screen adaptation so perfect, it was unbelievable. I sat in my chair mesmerized for two and a half hours. I knew from the first transformation that this movie was something special. It surpassed my expectations, and left me with a feel-good mood as going to the theater had been on my mind all day at work. I really didn’t think about much else.

There are few things I get this excited about, and fewer things I find magical. This was one of them. Even if you’ve never seen an episode of the cartoon or know the story, this movie is still awesome. The audience was very much into the film, cheering, gasping, laughing, it was truly amazing. This is the must see film of the DECADE. So go see it.

In short, lots of humor, lots of action, f*cking awesome.

in case you are curious here are the list of transformers

Autobots:

Optimus Prime

Bumble Bee

Iron Hide

Ratchet

Jazz

Decepticons:

Megatron

Starscream

Bonecrusher

Blackout

Brawl

Frenzy

Barricade

Scorponok

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Officially it comes out today on th 3rd... i guess the bumped it up a day. But special showings too place at 8 last night. They did the same for Pirates. They take a theater and put it on most of its screens, Its not really advertised but some how everyone knows about it.

For us, they took 14 of the 16 screens for the special showing.

That is pretty funny because the posters they were giving out also says the 4th, the trailer said the 4th, but the commercials say the 3rd.

I'm going to see it again! The movie is seriously a dream come true for all transformer fans. I haven't seen one bad review from a non-critic. I've seen a few from critics but reading them plainly show that they never watched an episode of the cartoon. Critic reviews have been at opposite sides of the spectrum because of this. They either rate it almost perfect or give it a horrid review because they just don't get it. Basically because the story wasn't dumbed down for the non-fans (THANK GOD).

It's been a very long long time since I have been this impressed with a movie. I am happy they didn't let this become a huge let down. We were all buzzing after the movie like "OMG that was off the CHAIN!"

I'm definitely pumped about the DVD now, but you have GOT to see it on the big screen. I think the thing that made me the most happy was the fact that they kept all the original names and Michael Bay incorporated the original transformation sound into the new sound, it adds a really nice nostalgic touch. Even though he altered the original look and color schemes of the transformers themselves it was to a point where they looked awesome and you could still name them off the bat before they are introduced. I heard he took a lot of heat for changing Bumblebee from a Beetle to a Camaro, and he tossed in a subtle response to that, so keep an eye out for it. X'D

*cough* Dream come true? Hardly! That movie, while very enjoyable and very impressive, left alot to be desired. For instance:

I really did not like Optimus's new color scheme. If they went through all the trouble of bringing back the orriginal voice actor why couldn't they have had him with a nostalgic red paint job? Also, why would they bring back the orriginal voice of Optimus but not the orriginal voice of Megatron?

Why was Megatron a futuristic jet? I seem to remember that every other of his incarnations (Beast Wars/Beast Machines excluded) had him as a gun or a tank that also had other forms.

They (subtlely) killed off Devastator (I could have sworn I saw Devastator as the tank's name) and Bruticus (if indeed the Tank was named Brawl). By killing off Bonecrusher they can't bring in the Constructicons in later sequels (there will be). Same goes for Brawl and the Combaticons. Now true, you don't 'need' to bring in either of those two teams but it would make sense to bring in the Starscream Brigade, the Combaticons, into the next movie. Now you might ask why bring in any of the combiners into the movie? Well frankly I think it would look really cool.

Nowhere in the movie was the orriginal theme song played. Not even during the end credits. How retro would it have been if they had it at least during the end credits?

The humans had way too big of an impact during the fighting. Um, last time I checked, humans were useless when it came to fighting decepticons in every incarnation of Transformers save this one. This left a bad taste in my mouth and angered me to no end. While it's fine to have the humans help, they did way to much damage. This was just as bad if not worse then in AVP.

Finaly, there was way too much comedy. I thought this was supposed to be an action film not some laugh out loud slapstic comedy routine. And the whole love interest was so horribly cheesy I wanted to hurl by the time the end of the movie came around. There was no need for it! And guys like him don't get girls like that in the end. Ever. Period.

There's probably more that angered me but I can't think of anything else right now. Maybe if I see it again I'll find more and come back to add some more complaints about the movie.

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

*cough* Dream come true? Hardly! That movie, while very enjoyable and very impressive, left alot to be desired. For instance:

I really did not like Optimus's new color scheme. If they went through all the trouble of bringing back the orriginal voice actor why couldn't they have had him with a nostalgic red paint job? Also, why would they bring back the orriginal voice of Optimus but not the orriginal voice of Megatron?

Why was Megatron a futuristic jet? I seem to remember that every other of his incarnations (Beast Wars/Beast Machines excluded) had him as a gun or a tank that also had other forms.

They (subtlely) killed off Devastator (I could have sworn I saw Devastator as the tank's name) and Bruticus (if indeed the Tank was named Brawl). By killing off Bonecrusher they can't bring in the Constructicons in later sequels (there will be). Same goes for Brawl and the Combaticons. Now true, you don't 'need' to bring in either of those two teams but it would make sense to bring in the Starscream Brigade, the Combaticons, into the next movie. Now you might ask why bring in any of the combiners into the movie? Well frankly I think it would look really cool.

Nowhere in the movie was the orriginal theme song played. Not even during the end credits. How retro would it have been if they had it at least during the end credits?

The humans had way too big of an impact during the fighting. Um, last time I checked, humans were useless when it came to fighting decepticons in every incarnation of Transformers save this one. This left a bad taste in my mouth and angered me to no end. While it's fine to have the humans help, they did way to much damage. This was just as bad if not worse then in AVP.

Finaly, there was way too much comedy. I thought this was supposed to be an action film not some laugh out loud slapstic comedy routine. And the whole love interest was so horribly cheesy I wanted to hurl by the time the end of the movie came around. There was no need for it! And guys like him don't get girls like that in the end. Ever. Period.

There's probably more that angered me but I can't think of anything else right now. Maybe if I see it again I'll find more and come back to add some more complaints about the movie.

Well while you are entitle to your opinion:

Megatron wasn't exactly the most intimidating looking villain, in fact he always looked kinda stupid. That is probably why they changed the way he looked. They probably didn't want two tanks, which makes since seeing as they are pretty slow, however I do agree they could have come up with something better than a jet seeing as Starscream already had that part. And turning into a gun was the least coolest thing in transformers ever (besides beatswars). Thank god he didn't.

From what I remember the humans were pretty ineffective, Blackout was the only Decepitcon taken out solely by the humans. Scorponok didn't die. It was disappointing that megatron died, but i think it was done pretty well, and who knows he may not be dead somehow... because Megatron never goes away forever.

The original theme song isn't top notch quality audio, maybe they could have played it on the credits, but it wouldn't have fit anywhere in the movie. They best they could have done would have been that 80s cheese rock song.

As far as the humor and love angle, thats different for everyone, so i won't touch it.

Combiners? maybe, but if they ever make a beastwars movie, I'll never go see it.

Edit:

From Wikipedia: On May 30, 2007, Dreamworks greenlit two sequels to Transformers,[98] and Shia LaBeouf,[99] Megan Fox[100] and Peter Cullen[38] signed on to return. Producer Tom DeSanto has envisioned a storyline introducing the Dinobots, the Constructicons, and Soundwave.[16] Writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman may not return, as "Star Trek... is taking up kind of all of our time."[27] Michael Bay has not signed on, "trying to keep some leverage for the negotiations",[38] but already has ideas, including an aircraft carrier character. [101]

eeeh, not sounding too promising.

Oh and you are right It was devastator.

*looks at the unatainable spoiler buttons* You guys have filled this thread with temptation to spoil this movie! we really want to see this movie, but like all other movies. have to wait till the DVD -_- but still awesome. but till then, *holds fingers up like a cross* stay away you wretched spoilers! :P

*hovers fingers over spoiler buttons* X'D:banghead:

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

I just saw it and I have to agree with everything Gundam-Ranger-X said.

Also some other things I noticed that kind of pissed me off, the lack of starscream. The movie makes Starscream seem more of a non important character...which is not true at all. The lack of story between starsceam and megatron kind of got to me also. You hear him say "You failed me again Starscream" but the story ends there. Im sure more will be put into the backstory if a second movie is made.

The look of the transformers was great but at times it became hard to fallow who was fighting who since the camra moved around fast. They could have made them a bit more distinctive like the original cartoon was. having silver everything and camras moving all over the place is not cool in my opinion.

Last thing that kind of made me mad was megratron as an aircraft.....I agree with GRX 100% on this. They should have kept him as a tank or a huge gun. I can understand they wanted him to look cool (and he was) but it was just a small thing that didnt set well with me.

*cough* wheres the infamous moon base lol?

I give it a 9/10 becuse im a fan but they definitly could have made this better.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I just saw it and I have to agree with everything Gundam-Ranger-X said.

Also some other things I noticed that kind of pissed me off, the lack of starscream. The movie makes Starscream seem more of a non important character...which is not true at all. The lack of story between starsceam and megatron kind of got to me also. You hear him say "You failed me again Starscream" but the story ends there. Im sure more will be put into the backstory if a second movie is made.

The look of the transformers was great but at times it became hard to fallow who was fighting who since the camra moved around fast. They could have made them a bit more distinctive like the original cartoon was. having silver everything and camras moving all over the place is not cool in my opinion.

Last thing that kind of made me mad was megratron as an aircraft.....I agree with GRX 100% on this. They should have kept him as a tank or a huge gun. I can understand they wanted him to look cool (and he was) but it was just a small thing that didnt set well with me.

*cough* wheres the infamous moon base lol?

I give it a 9/10 becuse im a fan but they definitly could have made this better.

The use of the camera was probably done for the reason that they just couldn't figure out how to sequence the battles without it looking completely unnatural and unrealistic, (and noticeably CG). Its a cutting corners technique alot of sci-fi films use.

From what I have heard, Unicron might be in one of the sequels

O_O thats going to be bizarre.

The use of the camera was probably done for the reason that they just couldn't figure out how to sequence the battles without it looking completely unnatural and unrealistic, (and noticeably CG). Its a cutting corners technique alot of sci-fi films use.

From what I have heard, Unicron might be in one of the sequels O_O thats going to be bizarre.

If they don't get Orson Wells to do the voice I'm going to be uber mega pissed. Orson Wells IS Unicron.

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

If they don't get Orson Wells to do the voice I'm going to be uber mega pissed. Orson Wells IS Unicron.

Yes, I agree, however he died in 1985 so that presents a serious problem. They'd have to recycle lines or something. They could probably digitally edit the voice to sound close to it.

I went and saw it on the fourth and it was fucking amazing! I was kinda worried that it was going to be just another overly hyped suck fest, but I was very pleasently surprised. :happy: The story was amazing and eveyrthing was just amazing, I couldn't believe the special effects either! I felt like a little kid again lol, there were a bunch of little kids in the theater actually and a lot of them were carring the action figures and some kids even had some really old school ones. I think it's great that they're making films that Parents can share their childhood with their children, and that young and old can enjoy.

I want a my own Bumble Bee, he was so cute!

:drool:

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

From what I have heard, Unicron might be in one of the sequels O_O thats going to be bizarre.

ya I can see it now "Transformers 2 the rise of

Unicron

". As cool as he is, that would suck as a movie becuse you know thats what they would do with him. It would be another, omg world is going to be devouring by some villain.

Id much rather see a back story with Starscream take over as head decepticon and targeting earth but then Galvatron comes out of no where and fucks him up like in the cartoon haha. They could toss in Soundwave somewhere just to make all the hardcore fans happy also :P.

Then the autobots have a crazy ass fight. This way we see more transformers then humans in the second movie.

sig.php

I went and saw it on the fourth and it was fucking amazing! I was kinda worried that it was going to be just another overly hyped suck fest, but I was very pleasently surprised. :happy: The story was amazing and eveyrthing was just amazing, I couldn't believe the special effects either! I felt like a little kid again lol, there were a bunch of little kids in the theater actually and a lot of them were carring the action figures and some kids even had some really old school ones. I think it's great that they're making films that Parents can share their childhood with their children, and that young and old can enjoy.

I want a my own Bumble Bee, he was so cute! :drool:

That seems to be the trend. Just about every girl I know that went to see it, fell in love with Bumblebee.

*gag*

ROTFL, I don't understand it either.

After I have cooled down from the excitement of seeing my childhood heroes on the big screen, I do have to say I am a little disappointed with the lackage of Starscream, he was always my favorite. But THANK GOD they didn't use his original voice actor.

Whatever...men understand nothing about being romantic. :meh:

Anyway, I do agree with you I did want to see more StarScream, and yes DX I am very glad they did not use his orginal voice actor...that doesn't exactly strike fear into the soul lol. I'm also sad that Megatron did not get more screen time. I mean I realize that he was kinda frozen for most of the movie, but I would have figured he'd get a bigger part.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

anyone else notice that when bumblebee took over the new car, no one was driving it? I laughed so hard when I saw that. In my head I was like "haha wtf, where was the driver and who was driving it before he took over the car".

sig.php

I'm not talking about the decoy driver that shows up in the transformers. Watch again when Sam and the girl are in the old car and the girl makes the comment that Bumblebee looks old and crappy. Bumblebee knocks them out in the tunnel, turns around and as hes passing the newer car to scan it no ones in it before or after the scanning takes place lol. I think they messed up on that shot.

sig.php