Sign in to follow this  
COBRA

City of hero's/City of Villian's

Anyone else play this? or still play this?

we just got it the other day, rather then get World of Warcraft, seems diffrent from all the other online rpg's. since most are all medievil (though we love the medievil warfare)

we all normally play on the Champion and Freedom Server.

wether you still play it or not, feel free to share your character or some funny story(cause alot of things do happend on there lol)

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

Eh, I played City of Heroes for 14 days (friend got me in with a 14 day trial). Got to around level 18 before my accounts froze. Was a different experience and I only played because my friend wanted me too.

I was in the City of Villains beta and played for about a month after it was released. City of Villains was a lot more fun then Heroes but again it just isn't as fun as it could be (would rather play WoW).

Both games rely to heavily on team based play, which I frankly do not like (true you can level alone but it goes much faster if you group with people in CoH/CoV). Plus I've never really been into the whole Superhero/Supervillain franchise, it's just never interested me. I am thinking of going back to CoV though for awhile. Need to change up MMO's for awhile. I can't remember the server names at all but the server I was on in CoV started with an I (I think). I think my character names were Nexus and Vesper (they're probably deleted. Been 1-2 years since I last played the game).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

we prefer the vigalantie, type hero things. though grew up on things like X-Men, and SuperMan, (more Marvel for us though) so it was apealing, through our love of comics. (though our love of comics don't stop at the superhero genra) but mainly it was, because, it was diffrent from all the medievil MMORPG's out there, we played WOW for awhile. and didn't get hooked on it as fast as CoH, and CoV. eventually we'll probabl return to WoW, even though it seems people are complaining about it. so who knows.

im interested to know, if blizzard has any other type of MMO up they're sleeves. (diablo anyone?) we'd probably jump ship right there, if they annouced that.

one big complaint with CoH, so far, is if you need a team, you can hardly get everyone who needs to also complete the mission your own.

a small complaint, is, all the small little AV's running around >_> it says, they're about 4 foot, but they look like they're 2 foot, and everything is huge! compared to them. at 6 foot, you look about normal. kinda gets annoying if your in a PVP zone. and there's ankle bitrs around >_>

not to mention, being a healer, and you can't even pick out your team mates from a crowd due to size. lol

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

I'd like to play it but I would much rather try it before committing any dollars to it. I think I might like it since I'm a big super hero fan.
I got CoV wanting to try it, but there is no offline play. The nicest thing I can (so far) say about this is... it is one good looking paperweight...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.