Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Painkiller Jane

Did anyone else see the premiere episode last night? I missed parts of it but from what I saw this series looks very promising. Jane is like Wolverine with her fast healing ability and they hunt down Neuros (Evil guys with mutant powers). I don't recall them ever mentioning mutant powers on the commercials, so I was hesitant to watch it.. but in the end we checked it out because the girl that was in terminator 3 was the star and shes good with action. hehe. Yeah, the show itself is pretty good. Anyone else watch it?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Nope, I missed it :(! Is it going to air every Saturday night? If is it, I might be able to watch it hehe ... last night I was busy with Rahx.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/11116.html

'Painkiller Jane's' Prescription Runs Out

August 16, 2007

According to The Hollywood Reporter the Sci Fi Channel has cancelled its prescription for the comic book-based Painkiller Jane after one 22-episode season. Sixteen of the Painkiller Jane episodes have aired already and the final six will run as planned with the show ending its run on September 21st. Based on the comic book series created by Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti, the TV series starred Kristanna Loken as the government agent with amazing regenerative powers.

Painkiller Jane aired as part of the Sci Fi Channel's Friday night lineup once dominated by Battlestar Galactica, which took its ratings clout to Sunday nights early this year. The Sci Fi Channel's new Flash Gordon series (see "Inkworks Gets Flash Gordon"), which debuted last Friday night, earned the cable and satellite channel's best debut ratings of 2007.

This was kind of forseeable. there were far too many episodes where they focused on something happening to the team, or the team being betrayed, or one of the team being killed. and of course every episode has to somehow have at least one scene where Jane gets fucked up and heals.. we know she has this power, but its necessary to let yourself get screwed up all the time because of it. O_O; eh, the next episode actually looks pretty good because they are finally touching the subject of her actual powers and the full info about it. The first 10 episodes were probably the best because there was co-ordinated team work, undercover work and interesting neuro powers. oh well, maybe they'll end the series with a bang.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg