Sign in to follow this  
falling-angel-111

I Got Arrested Again!

Nah! just kidding. :P But I do need your help!

Well, lately I've been putting a lot of stress on my mom, and she's been helping me out a lot lately. I wanted to do something for her to say thankyou, but I have no idea what to do. my parent's aniversery is at the end of this month, so I guess I should do something by then. I have no idea what to do though, I was thinking I could make this really beautiful cake for her, but that's not really a thank you, ya know? And keep in mind that I have very little money to work with here. I don't want to do something that's corny or anything, and I don't want it to be all weird and emotional and shit, I just want her to know that I appreciate what she does. Plus she might be going to work pretty soon, so if she works the days she thinks she will, then I'll be home with the rest of my siblings for two days of the week without and adult. lol I can only imagine what she thinks I'm gonna do. So I really want this to be about her and my dad.

So yeah, do you have any ideas? Like something I can get her, do for her, or anything? I'm not good at this kinda stuff, so any help would be great. :D

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

Hmmm... what's something, they, or she has said, she really likes, or something. that wouldn't be to exspensive? like, we spent forever looking for Eddie and the crusiers 2(great movie) for our grandpa, we finally found it in texas, and he said it was the best gift he ever got. because he loves the movie soooooooo much. but could never find it on DVD. then we also got him a bruce lee, style fighting Gi, which he had wanted forever. i think all and all, just knowing you put alot of thought in to something, least shows you care and listen, to them. and retain that information about them, something that was/is important, you know? other then that, im stumped lol

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

The best gifts in life are FREE! If your parents are normal, decent folks, then they don't care about gifts. As Spongebob Squarepants learned: "All that glitters is not gold." Its amazing that some of the silliest cartoons still follows the basic morality plays. But I digress.

The best gifts you can give are the simple requests that they make.

1. Do as you are told.

Basically, if they ask you to do something, do it. Not in fifteen minutes, NOW. Put your heart into it as if it means something to you.

If your parent ask you to put their magazines away when you're done with them, that means no pizza stains, rips or tears, and put back nice and neat in the correct order. Would you like your parents to leave your manga in the same condition, that's assuming they even took it out of the wrapping.

2. Do your chores.

It's not because they want you to do it, it's because YOU need to do it. Not just for learning responsibility, but to take the stress off your parents. After a hard days work at school, work, and homework, you're pretty beat.

Do you think it's any easier on them? Hell no! Look at all the crap they do for YOU. Do you even come close? Probably not, so close the trap, put away the snide remarks when they remind you about a chore and just get it done. Everyone will be the happier, and you'll have a better relationship with them as well.

3. Say please and thank you.

It's simple and easy. Make them happy by reminding them that you have manners. By God, is this perfect child ours? Where's my camera? Parents LOVE to brag about their kids. You don't have to have straight A's, or be the star quarterback. Say please and thank you, especially in front of their friends and strangers, and as their compliments about how well behaved you are soars in, the happier they are with you.

Don't fight with your siblings. Do what you need to make them happy and healthy. Lead by example by doing all of the above. They may ask if your sick or something. You just tell them: "I love you Mom and Dad," and give them a hug and kiss before going to bed at bedtime.

It may sound lame and uncool at your age, but it's what your parents probably would like most. After all, you asked what THEY would want and YOU could do for them. If you do all of this and they haven't died from shock, then you could be their Glittering Gold.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

well. for valentines day i ninja'd my parents old wedding photo off the wall (they were totally oblivious >_>) and took it to work with me at the pharmacy. we have a photo department so i gave it to anthony to scan and retouch and print in a 4x6. i got a nice frame for only about 2 or 3 dollars (you gotta look through the dollar stores for them) and gave that to them as a gift =3 they were totally suprised and excited about theyre re-done wedding photo ^^

so maybe you could do something like that. doesnt have to be a wedding picture. does she have old photoalbumns lying around? maybe you can find a picture of them when they were dating or some sort of old family picture =3

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

X'D Mathias that sounds like a great idea, and I'll give it a shot. But I mean, with four other siblings, it's most likely to go unnoticed. I often clean the house without it being my chore and without being told, just because it's so messy, but when you have everybody else two steps behind you screwing it up again, it's likely to go unnoticed. >_> One day I was on the phone with my friend, just talking about shit and he told me to go into the living room and tell my parents that I love them. LOL It's kinda rare that I just come out and say that, well after much arguement he got me to do it. I went out there and was like "mom.. dad... Love you" 30 seconds later my mom looks at me and asked what I said. X'D apparently she wasn't listening! So when I was just like nevermind, she thought I called her something bad and made me get off the phone. >_> That's kinda what I mean by unnoticed.

I like the photo album idea, it'd be great to make an album and just sit down and talk about all the fun we've had. Only problem with that is that when I was younger we had a house fire and everything was destroyed, so we don't have any family pictures. And we haven't ever really owned a real camera since then, I guess because we don't have many family outings. *shrug* so that's screwed.

I can't really think of much that she really wants. I mean maybe a stargate season, but that's like 50$ if not more, and I surely don't have that. Or maybe a big poster of her favorite actor that she thinks is, "totally hot" *barfs* but that might annoy my dad a bit. XD not such a great idea for their anniversery, right?

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

you don't have any pics of when you where young? Man if you could fine some I bet that would make her really happy considering you had a fire and all.

If all else fails you can fill the front with pics of fire :P

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

For my ex bf's mother's birthday I found a pic of him holding this spuppy when he was like 5 years old standing next to a 'beware of dog sign'. It was SUPER cute, so I framed it in a really cute frame and gave it to her. I said it was from him, but he eventually told her it was all my idea. I thought it was a cute reminder. We also have this place out here that will screen a pic on just about anything. I have a great pic of me and my daughter that I'm having screened onto a blanket for my mom's bady.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Well, I was thinking I could get ahold of my grandmother on my fathers side and possibley get some pics from her. But no, we don't have anything left, it really wasn't that long ago. I dunno though she lives like across the country, and the only pics she would have would be on my dads side, none of us or my mom, so that wouldn't really work out. And my other grandmother isn't talking to us anymore, so that's screwed too. And my other grandmother (fake one that is) might have pics of us, but she has such a huge house full of all kinda of stuff, and she's sick, so it'd really be a hassle to ask her to look for them. :( But it was a nice idea, they would probably really like that. :(

I really don't know what else to get them though. I cleaned the house today, is that good enough? I even mopped it too. :-p

falloutboy4.jpg

how about a big kiss, and a "thanks mom for all u do. I love ya!" That works for my mom. LOL.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

This is Mathias' wife.

My idea is that you cook your parents a nice dinner, it can be mac and cheese or anything easy and then if possible take your siblings out of the house and let your parents have a nice romantic dinner and a few hours alone, with no kids or other interruption, even volunteer to do the dishes later so that your parents don't have to do that.

Anniversaries are suppose to remind the couple of why they first fell in love, and that is hard to remember if you have a bunch of screaming kids around. Let them relax and enjoy the evening without really having to pay for anything, unless they want to rent a movie. :snuggle:

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

That sounds like a good idea. Suck it up with the kids ;) Send 'em to friend's houses or something.

For Christmas last year I stole all mine and my brother's baby pictures from my dad's house and gave them to my mom (he never looked at them) so I showed up with like 200 pictures, and it was the best gift she got :P

aomsehri \|/

This post is definitely my greatest contribution to the site.

Sign in to follow this