Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Thriller Bark

WTHell?! I just read chapters 480-484 ... fighting 2 Shichibukai's was always gonna be badass for the crew, I knew it. Why the hell was Moria so confident that the New World would crush Mugiwara's crew ... now that's gonna be interesting, considering the side filler story had the Phoenix Pirates go to the New World, and they're not too strong now are they. Granted they came outta it quick, it still gives some hope. Kuma repels, Blackbeard absorbs ... interesting!

The Zoro Shichibukai fight was awesome! Was so scared ... Sanji-kun to the rescue! Oh, and did you guys notice ... Oda hasn't shown Robin since she got her shadow back AND Brooke too, so maybe they're gonna save the crew/ Luffy during this HUGE air bomb?! NEXT CHAPTER WHERE ARE YOU?!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

fuck fuck and OMG. Poor Zoro. Kuma probably left him for dead, Zoro looked mostly dead standin there. Looked dangerously pissed off too.

I'm not suprised he could survive taking Luffy's pain and fatigue cuz Zoro is monstrously strong himself but all at once like that and how much did Luffy's DF abilities affect the pain. It's not as if normal humans can heat up their blood and bodies or blow up their bones.... AND how much of that pain wasn't just Luffy but Nightmare Luffy and all the shadows he had crammed inside of him. >.<

I don't think anybody other then Zoro coulda took that blast. He knew bad shit and probable death was comin down and thats why he took Sanji outta the equation. It wasn't pride or competition, Zoro just didn't think Sanji would live thru Kuma, Zoro had the better chance of survival.

Also, because he lived I think Kuma will feel it his right and obligation to collect Zoro's head after he duels Mihawk again for the win.

Luffy's taken out 2 Shichibukai both DF users. Mugiwara pirates also took out CP9, who we know was investigating Dragon. They escaped Enies Lobby and Grandpa Garp, but not before Garp dropped in long enough to say all kindza shit about Dragon. Kuma mentions Dragon in this last chapter. All this ass kicking has led to throwing the balance of the 3 powers off kilter.It was said that when there is a disruption in the Shichibukai one of the 4 emperors usually makes some kind of a big move. To the WG dismay Shanks and Whitebeard had their meeting and to Shanks dismay the old bastard wouldn't call Ace off. The Ace/Blackbeard fight sparks some huge incident that hasn't caught up to Sunny yet. All they know is the pose has been pointing down since Water 7, fish people like Kokoro are next underwater.

Impel Down is underwater, after the merfolk island. Ace, Bon Clay and Sir Crock are all there. Will Whitebeard or Shanks be content to leave Ace sitting in jail? Would Luffy? Would Ace already have it all figured out how to get out and just need a ship to get away on? Mmmmaybe? Oda keeps droppin Dragon's name like an f bomb, we're gonna see some shit going on with the revolutionaries no doubt. :happy:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Fecking Oda made me SO GODDAMN worried with Zoro and his fight!!!!!!!! X'D *curses Oda for giving him palpitations hahahaha*

Lady, you're right on all counts ...

Enies will also reunite Franky with Puffing Tom. We haven't seen a lot or anything of the revolutionaries, and my guess is that they're mainly operational in the New World. My brain's switched off now because of a major $2,300,000.00 reconciliation I've been up with for the last 2 days.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I'm guessin the mugiwara pirates will hear about Ace at Impel Down on the next island, the under sea paradise Merman Isl :P

I get the feeling tho that Whitebeard is gonna make a move against the WG who is using Teach as their trump card. Whitebeard was already so pissed at Teach he wanted him dead and now Teach has taken away the old mans #2

if whitey goes to war against the WG would Teach step in and try to take the old mans spot as one of the 4? Could teach kill him, suck him in and never let him out? What about Shanks? He wants to be the one to fight Teach. eeeeeeeeeeeee

With one (or maybe even 2!) of the 4 tangeling w the WG would the revolutionaries then be free to make some huge drastic move?

I think we'll be seeing the incident that was the result of Ace vs Teach soon!!!:happy:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

So much bad ass shit is going to happen soon. :D

I still think Impel Down is either on the merman island or close enough that Luffy and the others can launch an attack on it from there. Much like Water 7 was the only connection they had into Enies Lobby.

And yeah, I bet Tom will be there! Franky will re-unite with him at last! :happy: They might even get some of Tom's relatives from Merman Island to lend support for a full blown raid seeing as Tom was a merman himself. ;)

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Errrr if you've watched the new episode you'd be disappointed in the recap fight between Brooke and the Samurai ... in the sense, the manga has the Samurai beat Brooke and thrust his sword into his left eye, but the anime doesn't have that! It's ... mellow!

I can't wait to see Ussop fighttttttttttttttttttttttt

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Me not likey the change in character art every 2-3 episodes, and slow pace, and directing, etc. I mean, this's where it's really EPIC in the storyline, and I kinda don't get the 'feel' the older OP episodes had ... those ones moved you.

In terms of directing, key soundtrack tunes/ sounds (without some sounds being overused), pace - I'd say Enies Lobby is perfect. Skypiea was great for it's colors, and general art as well. I kinda feel like it went downhill post Enies ... like I don't feel like re-watching TB, like I began a while ago, and I'm up to Skypiea now.

It's good you're having a nice time, TB for me was pretty mediocre not only for OP standards (or my own uber high standards for an anime I love), but also compared to other series out there right now. I'm kinda fed up over a lot of things with the anime only, be it the use of sound effects, or camera angles, or the pace, or the action.

I really don't mind the zombies at all, what I do mind is watching them for 10 mins instead of 2 mins, because of the slow dragging 'I will move side ways only' camera work/ directing. If you notice, throughout this particular arc, the camera moves sideways A LOT, and even for character close ups. Nami's nose job doesn't make her look as hot as she was in the previous arcs, the action sequences look dull (not because of what moves they do, but because of the way the camera moves around during the scene - less impact as opposed to the other arcs) ... and a bunch of many other grievances. I have high standards for OP which easily figures in my top 3 list.

So yeah, Thriller Bark is over! Question time! Do they meet Kuma again? And kick his ass this time for being such a douche bag? And with the addition of Brook, the Strawhat crew just got more lively! Despite Brook being a skeleton Yooooohoooohooo!

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

Brooke is awesome! :D

but yes, they do meet Kuma again... read the following post for a slight spoiler (a single page from the manga) about the outcome of that meeting... its devastating tho, so you might not want to see. I almost cried.

http://forums.ancientclan.com/showpost.php?p=101906&postcount=22

If you're all caught up on the anime, you should get caught up in the manga. Everything is going down. All powers are converging for the most amazing battle ever, and Oda took last friday off! :gloom: I must know what happens next!!! Ace!!! :crywithno:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sign in to follow this