Has anyone else watched this yet? It just started coming on adult swim so I decided to watch the whole series this week (50 eps). It was really good and had an ok story. The beginning was kind of bad but as the show progressed it got better, It had its up and downs. The ending had to be one of the most touching endings i've seen. Not the most but its pretty high up there. It brought a tear to my cold heart. ^_^;

Also as a side note, yes Blood+ is related to Blood the last Vampire. Although they both have nothing to do with each other (its kind of like how Gundam has all those different side universes) well other then having Saya as the main character that hunts Vampires.

If you like vampires, monsters, guns and swords then you will like this. The only downside to this is it's very very very anti-American lol. (ex. USA sees a problem they solve it by blowing it up) :P .

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I watched it as it came out. I must say I was impressed with it, even if I originally refused to watch it since it had nothing to do with the original Blood movie (I loved the movie and was afraid they'd take to many liberties with the anime).

And they're not vampires, they're Chiropterans (there is a difference, even if both are blood sucking beasts).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I finished downloading it just when I was leaving for the US, and my brother tells me it's really good, he's sending it across next week via courier, let's see ;) ...

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I watched it as it came out. I must say I was impressed with it, even if I originally refused to watch it since it had nothing to do with the original Blood movie (I loved the movie and was afraid they'd take to many liberties with the anime).

And they're not vampires, they're Chiropterans (there is a difference, even if both are blood sucking beasts).

Didn't mean to call them all vampires :S. Was only making it clear what the similarity's between the movie and the series where. New people to the series would be like Chiropteran? wtf lol.

sig.php

did anyone watch tonights ep of Blood+ on adult swim hahaha. The voice actor for the black guy is jamaican. That made me laugh so hard because I was not expecting it. I thought they would have used like a deep voice or something. The French guy sounds funny also.

sig.php

I had the displeasure of viewing the dub last night. I'm sorry but that's one of the worst dubs I've heard in a long time (not as horrible as the Trigun dub mind you but still bad). That french accent on Argiano (sp?) was obviously forced and don't get me started on the Jamaican accent.

It's almost as if the people doing the parts have no emotion or just didn't want to do the job. I only hope it gets better because if they continue being as emotionless as they are now people aren't going to feel what they should when watching it (Blood+ is a very emotional series and I'm not feeling that from watching the dub).

Did you also notice how all the guys sound the same (aside from the black guy and the French)? Their voices are so much like each other it sucks.

I have a feeling Adult Swim turned this into a comedy and not a touching emotional series :(

sig.php

You know now that I think about it all the guys did sound somewhat similar, no wonder their voices never left me with the impression the Japanese voices did.

Technically Sony Films (if I got that right, it's been awhile since I last looked up what company grabbed the rights for Blood+) is doing the dub so it's up to them how they do it. You really can't turn Blood+ into a comedy because the animation sets it up to be a very emotional series but I don't have a doubt in my mind they'll change the script enough to add a comedic twist (we've already noticed this with the French accent on Argiano and the Jamaican accent on whats his name).

well I didn't mean actually turn it into a comedy. I mean like they unknowingly did it with the funny voices.

I have no doubt the story will stay the same but I honestly cant take the dubbed show seriously. O well i'm happy I saw the subbed version first.

sig.php

50 episodes took 2 marathon's but worth watching. The action was really nice right through the series, with the only exception being towards the end battle between Saya and Diva. I love the music score, especially the confrontation theme or the emotional one. Pick any scene with Haji in the frame, and they're all memorable great scenes. For me, Haji made the watch worthwhile, which's also why I'm utterly depressed at the moment X'D.

I felt it slow down a lot after the battle on the HQ of Red Shield, and was a little disappointed we never got to see the outcome of that very battle. Oh well ... top marks, with a few disappointments :P X'D

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

got it d/l now

man... hope it aint another disappointing series >.<

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers