Sign in to follow this  
Gundam-Ranger-X

New computer = Querky things

Well I got my new computer all working. Everything works fine except that randomly it'll "shut down" and restart right away. Microsoft states that it's probably a device driver issue but doesn't have a solution for it.

*sighs* I don't know what it is with me and computers: fix one problem, new one comes up.

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

This sounds like something thats happened to me a couple times with windows xp.

Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System > Advanced Tab > Startup and Recovery Settings button > Under 'System Failure', uncheck the box that says 'Automatically restart'

Basically this shitty setting will make your computer auto-restart whenever internet explorer or something else uses up to much memory and/or crashes. After disabling it I have never experienced this problem again. And seeing as your computer is fresh out the box, this setting is probably enabled. See if this is the problem, hopefully it'll be the easiest and quickest solution.. if this isn't the cause tho.. maybe some software upgrades or some hardware trouble shooting might be in order.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

it always amazes me how the checking or unchecking of one box can change the world :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

:x*string of curses* .... Well poop bricks.... My computer had that same problem and now that I did freaking system restore it won't start at all and I can't take out the graphics card that might be causing it not to start cause I'm 1200 miles away from the damned thing >.<

*cough* Anyway, hopefully that's all thats wrong with your compy and all will work well forever and so forth.

chessySig.jpg

Sign in to follow this