Well, I've come close to getting a few babysitting jobs this year, but then people decide they don't like me all that much anymore. >_> I've talked to my mom about doing chores for money and all that, but of course not, that'd be too easy. I mean, my parents usually pay for the stuff I need, and I'm not into games that much so it's not like I ask for really expensive stuff like an x box 360 or something. (I can think of a lot of better things to do with 600$.) But I could really use a little money for certain things that my parents won't buy me, and then if I decide I want to go visit friends in tucson, I don't have to beg them for the money.

The problem is that I'm only 14, so basically I can sell lemonaid and icecream. >_> Not that many people around here have small kids because most of them are like really old, and if they have kids, they already have a babysitter.

I talked to one of my friends about this and in some states if you have all the right paperwork and shit, you can get a job at like 14 and up, but who the hell wants to hire an unexpirenced 14 year old? Plus I would have all these rules, like how many hours I can work and what I'm allowed to do and all that stuff. Even my older brother and mom are having trouble finding work.

So anyways, what did you do when you were younger for money? I mean there's got to be more than paper routes and babysitting right? At this point I'm like super desperate for like 40$, I'd be soooo happy if I had that. I mean I'm not even picky about how much I'm making, money is money at this point. So please, if you have any ideas at all, please share with me! :(

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

$40.00 for what? Well, when I was 14 my parents gave me money but I started volunteer work when I was 13 at our local zoo. It was a tiny place at the time that rescued local animals. I got my first job at 17 because my parents wouldn't let me work till then. I had 3 years of volunteer work which showed as a young person I was willing to work. Old people love younger folks who wan't to show that they are willing to be 'productive members of society". I started cleaning houses. I became really good at doing things for the old folks they couln't do. Once a week I would wash dishes for one lady and clean her kitchen. I did it on the side when I was like 18 19 years old. BUT if u have neighbors that your folks know maybe they wouldn't mind giving u a little money to help them out with small tasks.What can u do? Can u do lawns? Thats a big thing in the summer. Usually guys do it, but I can cut grass, and Im a chick. Little things like that. Look around locally, like laundry mats... mom and pop businesses that hire there own kids. It's breaking child labor laws to hire you under the age of 16 (if u are 15 I believe u can get papers depending on the state and u should go check with The Department Of Economic Services in your local area. They can hook u up with all kinds of information. Look them up in the goverment pages of your local phonebook. Also called DES, for short. If they can help teen moms at the age of 13, Im sure they can point u in the right direction. Thats what they are there for. Thats all the stuff that I can think of thats legal with laws n stuff. Not that everyone follows them, but thats a start at least. Oh, I got new pics on my My space page guys. So, if u wan't to see what I look like and who I am check it out..http://www.myspace.com/kinkylittlelady69

Good luck! It will all work out, just hang in there and don't give up!

Love,

HK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

You could always sue telemarketers with your parents permission lol. Apparently you can file with small claims court (takes about 10 mins online) that you keep getting unsolicited calls to your house after saying stop calling. You can be awarded up to $500 per call. Some guy on the news has gotten $4,200+ from doing it.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

if you can get yer working papers from school yo can probably do prep work or dishes in a kitchen. I went to work at 16. mornings afternoons weekends and school vacations down on the farm :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

basically, look for any kind of job you can. go into restaurants and stuff and see if they'll let you bus tables, or wash dishes. other than that you can just ask your parents if they'll start giving you allowance so you can save money up for things like going to tuscan, or buying a certain something you want. i dont know if either of those will work, but its worth a shot. you can always ask some place like a restaurant or a fast food place if theyll hire you to wash tables or something =/

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

all there is, is cutting lawns, babysitting, and paper routs.

DX is right, at your age thats about all you're going to be able to find in the way of work because businesses won't start hiring till your at least 15 (then again that depends on what state you living in and local laws). So if you want money you're just going to have to grit your teeth and start mowing lawns, continue babysitting, and get a paper route.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

the New York state (and many other states) child labor laws will let you work at the age of 13 at farms doing misc work with picking crops, milking, etc. in new york 14-15 year olds can work at restaurants and a few other establishments washing dishes, busing tables, etc. but you can only work until 6pm on school nights and 9 pm on weekends with a 4 to 8 hour shift, but no more than 20 hours a week (i think). usually you only work on the weekends as a dishwasher during the lunch/dinner rushes. i think its when you're 16 you can work pretty much wherever without all the rules.

call around asking local restaurants if they'll hire 14 year olds with a work permit (i say local because you obviously can't drive yourself because you're underage), you have to get a work permit from either a county office or your school (depends on your state), fill it out, take it to your new employer, they sign it, you take it back to where you got the form and you're all set.

my kid is interested in getting a job and hes 13 so I recently read up on all this crap again. *is eager to see my boy work and take responsibility*

btw, i got a paper route at 12, and my first job where i got a check was when i washed dishes in my middle's school cafeteria. you could always look into that too.. you only work during the recess time 5 days a week and you'll make $40 in month or so considering you'll only work 2 1/2 hour weeks. in ohio i got another job at 14 at mcl cafeteria (i don't think this company exists anymore), but they always had such a high turnaround with people getting hired and quitting all the time, they didn't care what your age was as long as you could work at least 8 hours a week.

good luck! :happy:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

In SC it's 15. I'm waiting till the summer of 2008 that way I can work more and get paid more. That's what you should do. I don't know about other states but you can get a jod at like Publics (that's what I'm doing) and be a cashire person that does really require that much skill except remembering how to work the register. Or you can be a bag person (ex: down at Fort Jackson or any Fort where there is a PX), you get tiped for carring bags to people's cars (I think that's only at the forts though). But those are some of the examples, you don't have to be watching little kids, tykes, or babes or dilivering paper or mowing laws (hint hint you might wind up paying instead of getting paid if the person has like little rocks and stuff in their law).

Too true but I guess if you want something better than what there is you have to wait. Mowing lawns, babysitting and paper routs is about it for your age sorry . . .

Don't expect too much. I change my mind a lot.

Don't keep making me repeat myself! It's not good for my health!

-Duo Maxwell

Thanks Sledge I checked that all out when I was 13 I thought it sounded pretty good, but really there isn't anybody hiring around here. My mom and brother are looking for jobs at resturants and such and if they're not gonna get a job, I don't have much luck in that department. :(

I'm gonna look around for more babysitting jobs, but I've never really babysat for anybody except my mom, but I'm not bad, I just have to prove that to other people. And it's very rare that I lose my temper with other peoples kids. Just my siblings.

As for mowing lawns, I'd be happy to that, but I live in an RV park in the city, so we don't have lawns and neither does anybody else. I have no idea how I would get a paper route, and I don't even know if they have that kinda stuff anymore.

I know I won't be able to get any money from my parents, I might be able to get a few dollars out of them every once in a while, but if they give me an allowence, they have to do the same for the rest of my siblings, so in the end it'll cost them more than if they hired a maid. >_> Plus I live in an RV, so there's only so much you can clean untill you run out of stuff that's dirty.

I'll keep my eye out for jobs at stores and stuff, but I might try to work for some of the older people around here. I won't have much to do because it's an RV park, but I might be able to help with their pets, a little cleaning or whatever. *Shrug* At this point it looks like I'm really gonna have to wait till 15. :(

I would love to sell stuff on ebay, but like I said, I don't ask my parents for much. I don't think I have a whole lot that's worth much. >_>

But I talked to one of my friends and he said he might just buy what I wanted for me, but I dunno if he was serious of not. I hope he was though. ^_^: When I talked to my other friend, well he said he'd pay me 30$ for a bj. >_> Guys are such jerks all the time. -_-;

Well, thanks guys, I'll try your advice on everything, might as well give Goku's idea a try too. :P

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."