Dubird

Why do you write?

This is kinda a weird question, but in the interest of hoping to start an interesting topic...

Why do you write? Where do you get your ideas? The reason I ask is that I was going through my Gundam Wing fics, and in every one, I can pick out the single idea or sentence or paragraph that led me to write it. That's usually all it is. For example, one my upcoming characters in BSP came out of a random idea I had for the ending. In fact, chapter 27 has already been written because that was why she's in the story to begin with. Everything else about her is kinda just filler. ^_^; Same with my GW stories. I had one where there was one paragraph I wanted to use, and the rest is filler leading up to it and concluding it. In fact, if you ask me about any of my fics, I can pull out the one thing that made me write it (go ahead, ask...i dare ya! XD), and with the exception of BSP, it's NOT the storyline. That comes from trying to lead people to a logical way of inserting a single idea. It's really an odd trend with me, but it has compelled me to write. So I was just wondering what it was that compelled ya'll to start whatever story you have. Was it just the single character? Was it a general idea? Or was it something more specific? *shrugs* Just a thinking exercise, I guess. ^_^;

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I write to get my feelings down mostly. It's usually when I'm stressed or in a really good mood, and my writing reflects that. Most of the shit that I post here is when I'm depressed as hell, because it always turns out better, and I hunger for compliments! :P I write to clear my head as well, when I need to just chill out, like before I work on a major project, I'll usually write something for a bit first. I have a lot of writing I don't share with people, I just don't see a reason to.

I know I rambled a bit there, but whatever :P

aomsehri \|/

This post is definitely my greatest contribution to the site.

obsessive compulsive disorder and an over active imagination X'D

Seriously tho.... I am inspired by all kinds of things pretty much on a daily basis. A show, a song, an article, the smell of the wind. Ye ol' subconscious grabs it and starts manipulating that impression and it ends up part of the story(project) I'm working on.

For the past few years all of my projects have been practice writing. After a long absence from writing I had to clean and polish up the skillz :P Writing is also a personal out of reality for me. This world can really suck a fatty and I'll take all the time away from the shit that I can get. Its a hobby I started taking more seriously 22 years ago when I wrote my first novel at 13. Eventually when I'm comfortable enough I'll spew out the original novel that will be so good Steve-o sensei will be calling me to have coffe with him X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Cobra 1: me and my brother's are geting ing to comics, online ones, and published one's, our own comics. it's a hard process to start.

but Jeremy(Cobra 2) is supposed to be the writer of it, but i write and draw too, so i can clearly see the things im thinking of, on the paper, though i can't always make them look great, and colouring them is D I F F I C U L T !

but i write, from things i see, hear, read, maybe touch, just what ever inspires me and give's me an idea i think is great. besides Cobra? i think im the only one who care's for it lol.

but i also write and draw things, from seeing things, oddly. like i could see a man in a black hat, but i saw him in an odd angle, and dark light, and he looks like something totally diffrent, so it inspire's a character, or a monster or something.

also i write just to let things out, i don't talk alot, but i do write, so it helps. when i do write, and i get the dreaded writer's block, i take the story, and what i have so far, and translate it in to a poem, and write and write and write more of that poem, untill i have the next sevreal page's of what ever it is im writing. guess it's easier to write poems for me. so i try to write the story's i have with that general idea.

oh and one last thing, when i write, sometimes, i add in diffrent things. a general idea i want to get across, a point, or a character, and awhole story. and if one compliments the other. i will add them together, sometimes it works extreamly well.

i spent a year trying too design a character for a comic, and finally came back to it, after a wave of inspiration from some pics i saw, it helped not only define his apearence, but his personality, and the story as well.

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

Well I would have to agree with Wolflord, I write mostly to get my feelings out so that I don't go insane. But when it comes to anime fanfics it's different. Mostly those originate due to what if this happened or what if that happened. With Inuyasha and Fullmetal Alchemist that's about why I started the fanfics. I have one for Tekken 5 and Final Fantasy X also. Writing just helps, it's kinda of a way of releasing frustration and your mind so that you don't go insane, at least it is for me.

Don't expect too much. I change my mind a lot.

Don't keep making me repeat myself! It's not good for my health!

-Duo Maxwell