Sledgstone

Metal Gear Solid Movie

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6165595.html

Sony Pictures making Metal Gear movie

At the Electronic Entertainment Expo last year, Konami revealed that work had begun on a live-action movie based on Metal Gear Solid. The news broke via a pamphlet for Studio Kojima, the Konami-owned development house headed up by Metal Gear series creator Hideo Kojima.

"I have received many offers to adapt Metal Gear Solid. It has taken a long time, but we have finally settled on an arrangement," Kojima said in a statement. "False facts aside, a movie project is underway. I have finalized a Class-A contract with a party in Hollywood."

For eight months, the identity of the aforementioned "party" was unknown. That changed this week, when Sony Pictures Entertainment vice chairman Yair Landau revealed his studio is developing the project.

"We're working with the Metal Gear guys," Landau told GameSpot following his D.I.C.E. summit keynote address in Las Vegas. "It's a very cinematic game, it really lends itself to movie telling. But the question is, 'How do you translate Snake's experience into a full arc that conforms to what audiences expect on the large screen?'"

Landau also hinted the Metal Gear Solid movie may just be the beginning. "There are other games we are looking to develop," the executive said. "We're working with one of my favorite producers right now on an idea for an EverQuest movie." The producer was apparently of such stature that Landau declined to name him. "I'll let him disclose that," he said cryptically.

Besides the forthcoming World of Warcraft film, currently in development at Warner Bros., the Metal Gear Solid movie is the highest-profile game-film project in Hollywood. Previously, that stature was held by the Peter Jackson-produced Halo adaptation, which imploded last year.

[uPDATE] On Friday, news of Sony's involvement surfaced in the Hollywood trades, which gave further details on the deal. According to The Hollywood Reporter, former New Line Cinema chief Michael De Luca is in talks to produce the project, with Kojima himself being named as executive producer.

Sony executives Sam Dickerman and Doug Belgrad are in charge of finalizing the deal to acquire the Metal Gear Solid film rights, which is apparently close to completion. Belgrad hailed the Metal Gear IP as "loaded with well-developed, intriguing characters and one of the first games to ever use cinematic tools in its storytelling."

I remember hearing about this a while ago, but it looks like the movie is going to actually happen..

What actor do you think should play Solid Snake? ;) and do you think they might turn Snake into the new series of movies like James Bond?

*imagines Orlando Bloom being cast as Snake and riots around the world breaking out*

Off Topic:

Theres going to be a WoW movie too?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

For some reason I can't think of any actor that can pull off Snake in a movie because anyone they pick will probably kill the character (unless they got the guy who voiced him to play the part but I doubt that would work). Eh, you can't really say if MSG will be the next series of movies like Bond until the movie actually comes out and we see how it does.

Off Topic:

God I hope not. Seeing as how WoW has no plot (like almost every MMO) or a lack of a continual running plot they're not going to be able to make a movie out of it. The only Warcraft movies that could be made would have to be based on the first three RTS games since they have an actual plot to follow and actual character/heroes to follow (you have no hero to follow in WoW since every PC character is considered a hero). Eh, since all Blizzard cares about is money I wouldn't be surprised if there is a WoW movie though (gg Blizz, go kill you're lore some more).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

A WoW would work better, seeing as their is no plot, and you have a lot of freedom with the script.

I wish they wouldn't make a MGS movie.. the games are movies in themselves.. you don't need hollywood screwing up a good name, like it has with just about every video game adaption.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Eh, no so much. Without a plot theres to much to work around. See the movie won't do well if they don't meet fan standards and believe me WoW fans have high standards. Also with the lore Warcraft has anyone trying to make a movie out of it is bound to screw up.

Eh, as you pointed out though every movie adaptation of a game has sucked and it's no doubt a MSG or WoW movie would suck also.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Indeed, The lore for both games shouldn't be touched, or any other great game. I still don't see why they keep trying.

Honestly. MK 1 was the only decent Game to movie adaption... MKII lets not talk about. Despite tomb raiders success.. lets face it... most of the fans don't like it for the plot.

I agree, there is no actor that could carry Snake's character... or any of the other characters in my opinion... Maybe Pyscho Mantis if you dub over the guys voice with the original VA. But you know they would probably exclude most of the good villians, or reduce them to a less than respectable roll.

I was hoping this would never happen, because there is no way it can work.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Cobra 1: Brandon Roth? that would be horrible!:banghead:

i can think of only one, guy, with a voice that sounds like he's eating dirt, and looks similar, but only cause they both looks rather old. and thats Thomas Jane, though can't imagien him with a mullet. O,o

and i know most people didn't like him as the punisher, but i don't see the problem there.

mostly people complaining he had his shirt off for most of the movie, when he didn't, the most time he did, was when he got STABED lol,

plus the new punisher comic's they have, have him mostly just in a bullet proof vest for a shirt. which is smart for a guy geting short at nearly 24/7

(my only complaint, with the punisher movie, was probably Travolta, cause i know he can play a good bad guy, but didn't see it here.)

i know of one guy who looks just like a guy from Metal gear solid 2. and thats Donald sutherland! as Solidus Snake. when i saw that guy, i couldn't help but think how much he looked like him. (and expecting him to die, just cause most of the movie's donald sutherland is in, he dies)

though his voice would be funny for Solidus Snake.

they could always make it a CG movie, but i think that would bomb with general audiance's, (plus everyone probably still has nightmare's of FF: the spirits within, to tread back in to those water's so soon)

OFF TOPIC:

i heard about a WOW movie, but i don't know how it's going to be made. i can see them making it like the 300 movie. would look pretty awesome. but weather or not it would be good, i don't know.

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

sorry from reviving this.. but i think they are gonna do the games in order. it will ethier be a really long movie or everything crammed. mgs3, mgs1,mgs2,mgs4.

or they will do acid

or they will make up something so redicuslely stupid, no one will see it.

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50

solid snake is actually based on Kurt Russel From escape from LA

EscapeFromNY213.jpeg

In escape from LA, his name was Snake Pliskin

and in MGS2, Snake uses the name Pliskin

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Don't think so, although, david Hayter would be awesome, i loved the guyver movies. but don't think he can cut it for looks.

as for that guy who made bloodrayne... he better never touch Metal gear! the nightmares..i can feel them creeping up on me now. O,o

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour