Sign in to follow this  
Hell_Cat_18

J-Rock Anyone?

Is anyone here a fan of J-Rock? Within the last year or so, I've really gotten into it big time. At first I was kinda skeptical since I really wasn't into other forign music *Ramin Stien ect* but a friend I met at Conneticon last year kept pushing me to try it out. She sent me copies of X-Japan, Gackt and Do As Infinity *aka they wrote a lot of the theme songs for Inuyasha and other anime*

Needless to say I was hooked lol most of my favorites include Hide, X-Japan, Dir En Grey, Gackt, and Malice Mizer. I also like BOA though, and Do As Infinity is pretty good. I really suggest X-Japan though, most of their songs include English and Japanese lyrics, so they tend to be popular umongst new pioneers.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

Been a fan of J-rock for years (I blame hide and the rest of those at AP and Bye Bye Reality for my addiction to it). In fact of my 50 or so gigs of music around half of it is J-rock.

I'm a huge fan of hide (he's by far the best J-rocker ever). Other favorites include D'espairsRay, Dir en Grey, L'Arc~en~Ciel, MUCC, Psycho le Cemu (also a big fans of theirs), and others.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

hahah yes hide is to blame for it huh :P yay to BBR and AP :P...

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

OMGosh! I love L'Arc~en~Ciel too, they're up in my top five for sure! I love hide, and it's so sad how he died. I wish I could have heard X-Japan play Tears at his funeral...I bet it was sad and beautiful. I still can't believe he killed himself...I acutally remember hearing about it on the news. I was at home and they were talking about it on T.V. and my mom was saying something about "stupid freak, was probably on drugs" and I just remember thinking how sad it was, and how wonderful a music visionary he must have been to have been loved by so many people. I wasn't into J-Rock at all at the time, and really didn't think much of it until later when I started listening to it. I saw a picture of hide on the inside of a CD booklet and knew it was the same guy from the news I had heard about years before. I mean, who could mistake that hair for anyone else ;) I think I read that over 25 thousand people showed up at the grave site, and that the line at the funeral was over a mile long. I also read that at least two fan-girls killed themselves after his death. Twas a sad day...:(

hahah yes hide is to blame for it huh :P yay to BBR and AP :P...

The addiction didn't set in until someone gave me the link to BBR. *shifty look at Eppy* It all went downhill from there :P but man were those good times

I actually have news footage of hide's funeral somewhere on my computer (I watch it every year on the anniversary of his death as well as listen to nothing but his and X Japan's music. My way of honoring the memory of such a great musical genius). The amount of people who showed up for it was nuts but it was a great thing to see the man had so many loving fans. The footage is extremely sad since everyone one is crying, makes you want to cry just seeing it.

haha ya the visual kei kinda freaks out some people i know too ^^;;

L'Arc~en~Ciel was my first favorite =3 i was so happy when i saw them in concert! (besides the fact it was really really mellow X'D) but i must say, Dir en Grey puts on one hell of a show :nod: ya, the pillows are good too ^^ and i remember listening to morning misume around '99? i think? haha that and TMR. i think i might still have my first mix CD of songs somewhere O_O

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

I have to say that X-Japan is my favorite, then Gackt. I just really love X-Japan's sound and lyrics, that and I love listening to hide play. God...that man could play guitar like nobody else. He's actually what made me want to learn how to play in the first place lol.

i think the avatar is of Marilyn Monroe :P

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Okay don't get me wrong, I totally love J-Rock and Gackt and all, but has anyone else noticed that most male J-Rock idols tend to be a little...fruity? I mean they're all 'beautiful' guys, and Gackt used to well...crossdress...durning his days in Malice Mizer.

Actually...and I feel so stupid to be admitting this, but when I first saw a picture of Malice Mizer, I thought they were all girls. Course I thought that about Hanson too, but you get the idea.

well the bishie look has always been feminine really O_O

eppyomega.png

It's Japan, they're all a little fruity over there.

Why feel stupid about it Hell_Cat? For the longest time I thought Aya in Psycho le Cemu was a chick until I watched an interview with them and heard his voice (and my god is his voice extremely deep). I don't know what it is about the guys in Japan but I don't know how they can enjoy dressing like chicks (look at Mana, I don't think he even knows how to dress as a guy).

look at Mana, I don't think he even knows how to dress as a guy

LOL Very true and...I think him and Gackt kinda had a fling going there for awhile. Anyway, I've noticed that other countries tend to be more open about sex and well...gayness than we do over here.

Sign in to follow this