Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Luffy's new undead crew member?

man nami jsut gets sexier as the series goes on ^_^

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I don't know about him becoming a crew member. I'm thinking he'll prove himself to be a bad guy and kill them so he can keep them there.

ahhhhhhhhh! thats a scary thought >.<

*holds up crosses w/ Chopper and Ussop*

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

hmm.. with the latest chapter, Luffy looks determined to bring back his new nakama. Considering how Luffy usually does exactly as he says when it comes to nakama, I'm pretty much convinced he'll get that skeleton bastard on the crew now. X'D

oh, and it looked like the skeleton has been wanting to get on that island for a while, maybe he can get revenge on that shadow theif in there?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Laboon :( oh how sad

So he'll have to go w/ them past Raftal and re-enter the GL to get to his friend o.0

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I was thinking about this at work again today.. and if I remember right, Luffy promised Laboon he'd come back to see him too and to wait for him. And thats when he painted that crappy strawhat logo on the whale's head. X'D he wanted to make sure he'd stop hurting himself so he'd still be alive for when Luffy came back to visit. ^_^ I so have to re-watch that laboon episode.. I think Luffy told him to keep believing in his nakama too. *is probably remembering it too fondly* ^_^;

I'm waiting for the RAW version to get translated ^_^

But, I don't know what value Brooke will add to the crew, I mean, don't get me wrong, he's awesome and I'm sure his swordsmanship is great too, but other than his singing he's in the crew because (i) he's a skeleton (?); and (ii) he's a musician. Fighting ability wise if you look at the current crew, nobody crosses paths or has commonalities. With Brooke, the crew will have 2 swordsman! When it comes to battles, there're always situations where only a single crew uniqueness plays in to the game ... like Sanji's kick, Nami's deception, Zoro's sword, Luffy's stretch, Franky's weapons/ ammunition, Chopper's brute strength, Robin's multiple hands ... and, Brooke's sword (again?) ... you know what I mean? :happy: ... maybe I'm being too anal about it X'D.

EDIT: I just read the last chapter, and it's left me confused. Brooke has a goal/ purpose to get to Laboon and he stated at the end "1 or 2 years" is the time he'd take to get there. If he joins the Strawhats, how's he gonna accomplish that dream? He agreed to being Luffy's nakama, but somewhere it's not giving (me at least) a clear picture.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Yes, and now they have a crew member who can do what another crew member can, in terms of fighting ability. So, in a way, Zoro would face to lose his uniqueness ... value that he brought to the crew whether or not Brooke can battle with 3 swords or not.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Didn't he say somewhere that he can come back to life just twice? Shit, I need to re-read everything!

Yes, and now they have a crew member who can do what another crew member can, in terms of fighting ability. So, in a way, Zoro would face to lose his uniqueness ... value that he brought to the crew whether or not Brooke can battle with 3 swords or not.

I don't think Brooke is anywhere near the swordsman that Zoro is. I think Brooke is more of a fencer compared to Zoro's master swordsman skills. I'm honestly surprised everyone on the crew doesn't have sword or gun skills considering those are the two most common weapons for all pirates and marines. O_O

Technically they have a gunsman in Franky ^_^ ... if Brooke's a fencer, then why does the zombie with his shadow on TBark have that super powerful sword? I think part of that question - was the zombie's sword originally Brooke's *thinkthinks* ? It's more of a samurai sword. EDIT: wait, but then contradicting my own question, Brooke does have his cane or walking stick that has a blade underneath, right? Damnit, I can't remember anything!

That zombie was the body of a legendary Samurai that was most likely buried with his legendary blade. They animated his body with Brooke's shadow to reanimate it. The Samurai was more powerful than Brooke to begin with just like Oz's body was more powerful than Luffy's even tho it was powered by Luffy's shadow.

Brooke's cane/sword seems to be his primary weapon tho. And when he fought that spider and the samurai it looks like Brooke emphasizes speed and precise hits over brute force power.

Sign in to follow this