Sign in to follow this  
Aroura

I feel like doing it too

What I'm referring to is the back window of my caravan. It shattered and I feel like I'll shatter any moment.

While I was driving.

No one hit me. It just so cold that the window of my 93 caravan couldn't take it anymore and shattered from the pressure of my driving.

Ironically it was on the way to the place where the pos is now getting an alignment and a tie-rod replaced.

I was getting that done so that I could leave for Texas today, so much for that. Now if want to actually have a window and not just plastic it's going to cost 125$. If I choose to do that I will be paying nearly double what I did for the pos in the freaking first place.:banghead:

EDIT: Now I just found out that the fucking ball joints are shit-tastic and need to be replaced. That TRIPLE the cost of the fucking car.

chessySig.jpg

Awww, that sucks! I hate it when cars decide to break at the worst times. Maybe you could take a train ticket, or if buses are still running, which I kinda doubt, maybe you could just take that and save a little for now.

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

Lady: Very much so.

FA: Yeah that's the way my luck goes too >.< As for the train or bus idea, I thought about that but it'd be a bitch to have to ship all my belonging to Texas.

GokuDX: That'd be great but I don't think it would get me enough in the amount of time I have >.<

Cabbit: Exactly. More importantly though there is the fact that I am going to be taking with me lots and lots of stuff that I'd rather not have stolen. So I really don't have much choice with the window thing. It just means that I'm going to have to pay with credit card just after I finished paying it off >.<

chessySig.jpg

I hear if you get snow accumulated on your wipers, it really screws that up and it's hard to get it outta there too. But, that's a sucky situation you got into Aroura, glad it's done with fast.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

buy a truck in Oklahoma....it's actually cheaper than in Texas because EVERYONE in Texas wants a truck.....

but that really sucks about your car...i've not heard of the glass doing that from the cold...maybe there was some fault in it?....at least you had a way to pay for it...imagine not having anything you can use to pay for it and not being able to get it fixed at all.....><.....

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Are you planning on replacing it yourself? I think I've seen my dad replace a window a long time ago, kinda hard but cheaper than paying someone to do it for you. And you might be able to get one at a junk yard type thing, seeing as you're planning on selling it anyway, it'd save you a bit. I know we have pick a parts here, you should try that.

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

Ball joints, ouch. I'm guessing they found that out when they were about to do the alignment. Most places won't even do an alignment if your ball joints are shot.. that sucks to find that out. but at least you found out about the ball joints now, if one of those failed or cracked on you one of your tires could have flown right off your vehicle while you were driving. :\

Some scrap yards might have a replacement window you could use for pretty cheap, but you'll usually have to do the work of taking it off the scrap caravan and then putting it on your own ride. its usually pretty damn cheap tho.. assuming you have the time, tools and experience doing it (or maybe a friend that does). but if you're leaving for texas soon, then that option is probably a bust.

I'd probably sell the thing after you get there. If you already are doing a tire rod and ball joints, the clutch and/or transfer case would probably be the next thing to go. :\

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

GG: Snow's not really too much trouble, it's just slightly obnoxious to have it wetting the window right after you try wiping it. Yeah, me too, thanks n.n

Dubird: Thanks for the advice that will be useful once I get money ^_^; A friend of mine said that there might have been a break in the seal or something. Indeed, thank god for credit cards ^_^:

DA: Heck no! O.o That would be hard work! Hehe, anyway I would have no idea how to do it properly. 125 is actually really cheep to have a window replaced normally it's something like 300. I actually had it done at a junk yard, good deal.

Sledge: Yeah, they called about half an' hour after I dropped it off. I'm planning on selling it once I get enough for a nice fat down payment. Until then though I'll keep an eye on the transfer case.

chessySig.jpg

Sign in to follow this