Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

Lost power in an ice storm :(

These past 2 days sucked. Monday I woke up erly to start watching the Battlestar Galactica Marathon but at around 2:30PM I lost power due to a crazy big ice storm. It was a sad moment for me :( . So I ended up just going to sleep since there was nothing else to do. After a few hours my house went from 65 degrees to 0. We ended up not having power for 2 days and it was cold as an ice monky's jibblets. Our fireplace didnt even help :(.

Anyway we just got out power back on after the power guys cut down trees all over the place since they where drooping over the lines.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

dress in layers!

sux for ya duder glad ya got yer heat back

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Yup layer yourself a lot, no matter how funny it looks because it really helps in the long run. Some people catch colds that last months >_>

goku, how often is your area/state hit by ice storms? Is it normal to lose power during those?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

its normal to loose power here since we get crazy amounts of snow and ice but no longer then a few hours since our towns power people and plows are close and do their jobs great. But this storm was really crazy it took out allot of towns around us due to trees snapping. The ice also made the streets almost impossible to drive on without studded tiers.

The funny thing is not everyone in my town lost power, for example my dad, he only lives 10 mins away from my moms house and he didn't loose any power at all but everyone around him did lol.

We had the fire going but that didn't do shit so we basically had to dress in layers and huddle togeathor. I called my dad to see if he had power and hes like ya why? and i'm like dad almost everyone in the town lost power and hes like oh? haha I didn't even notice. So I planned to leave and go to my dads if power didn't come back that night. But it did so I was fine.

After we got power back we turned the heat up to 75 :D felt like a sauna.

Thanks everyone for your concern

sig.php

OKies, just wanted to make sure. ^_^ Storms like this are nasty. Hey, a few years back there was another storm similar to this one and I lost my electricity for a whole week. Do you remember that storm?? *insatiably curious* :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

when and where? I've been weather watching for years. this here message board is a great way to keep track of stuff like that. ppl love to complaine about uncharacteristic weather for their area :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

@Ladywriter - New Hampshire right under Maine and Canada. We are all set to get another storm this weekend but this time its snow not ice.

@D_Marx we get allot of storms so I don't know what one your thinking of lol. Surprisingly the last ice/snow storm that we lost power for more then a few days was probably 3 years ago. This storm was just so random, it started as rain and then the temp dropped to 0 and everything turned to ice. Then winds picked up and started knocking branches and trees on power lines. Since the streets where ice it took the plow trucks a long time to sand.

sig.php

Sign in to follow this