Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Grendel

bah i know the story already so :P

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I kept tabs on this till this evening, but went on a One Piece marathon watch which I just ended, taking a break. Did anyone watch this? How is it? The trailers looked decent, monster cgi was okayish.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I was disappointed with this movie. The entire plot was ripped off the movie The 13th Warrior, except they replaced Buliwuf with Beowulf and the mist monsters with Grendel. -_-; I was hoping to see some new rendition of the Beowulf story, kind of like how the old movie Beowulf with Christopher Lambert put a new twist on it with the setting, characters, etc. that movie also had superior action in it. but in the end Grendel felt like a rehash of two good movies thrown into one with nothing really going for it except mildly decent acting (better acting than most scifi b movies), and a good costume designer and set.

The thing that annoyed me most was the action scenes. They obviously didn't spend much money on the screenplay, so theres no real excuse why they couldn't have spent more money on their action scenes. It felt like I was watching someone play pokemon stadium, except with more violence. The camera would zoom in on Grendel, Grendal does an attack, camera switches to Beowulf to gets hit by the attack, etc. etc. only a couple times did they actually zoom out and show interaction between their cg monster and some guys and when they did that it was only when mild interactions were taking place. Only once did they show Grendel punch into a guy at a good angle and rip out his insides, and the result was this horribly obvious cg intestines being ripped out of a 2d plane from this guys stomach area.. it was like he must have had a blue swatch of clothing on so they could edit it in. horrible. -_-

anyway, with my own ranting placed behind me now, I must say this was easily a much better movie than Dragon Fighter or most of the other movies on SciFi staring Dean Cain. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg