Sign in to follow this  
CabbitGirl

wisdom teeth?

I've needed to have mine out for about two years now. I had to go through a referal process that the dental hospital said would take 18 months. It turns out that when I called to change my address they didn't do it properly and I never got offered an appointment to have them taken out. :(

I went back about two months ago and they told me that my offer went to the wrong address and my referral was only good for 12 months. Why would the referral only be good for a year when the waiting list is a year and a half?

So I went back for another referral and was told to fax the information through that I receive after my appointment and I'll be booked in right after they recieve it since they screwed up with the address. I turned up to my appointment at 08:30 AM in the morning and was told that the dentists don't actually start until 10:30 and to come back then. So I came back at 10:30, finally saw someone at about 11:30 and was out of the x-ray part a bit after lunch time.

I then waited another two hours (the dentist had gone on lunch after I left for x-rays) and finally gave up and asked the reception desk if I could leave and pick up the referral and x-rays another time. The receptionist said that she better ask the dentist first, she went and found him and came back saying that he had no intention of giving me a copy of the referal and x-rays as he would be putting them through himself.

It's now been about two months and I haven't recieved a call for an appointment. If the dentist I saw has sent the referral off as usual and has not given it to the person it was supposed to go to (I told him what had happened) I'll be looking at another two year wait and extra $80 fee just for the referral to be considered.

I'm going to wait until after Manifest and call them again. I'm starting it think it would have been easier and quicker to find a high paying job and spend the $3,000 to have them taken out. And I have to try and get braces after this! I'm gonna be over 20 by the time I get them at this stage. 18 or 19 with braces would be embarrasing enough since everyone already thinks I'm over 20. :(

And that ends my rant of why hospitals and the governments health plan sucks in this country and why my jaw dislocates every time I yawn or try and eat crunchy bread.

Good luck Sledge. I'm sure you'll have a lot less trouble then I have had with it. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, that sounds like that system is a pain in the ass. O_O

I went to the dentist today after work because I had a cavity filling scheduled for today. The dentist said they had some free time and asked me if I'd like to get them all done at once (I have 4 total cavities). So I said how about just the right side of my mouth.. Boom, 3 cavities filled today and 3 wisdom teeth to be removed tomorrow. *already has a sore mouth* x_x

At least I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday of next week.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

My mouth feels like shit. I'm on oxycodone for the pain. :o

I think it took a little less than an hour, but I don't remember any of it. I remember them testing my blood pressure and setting it up to monitor my heart rate, then putting an oxygen tube on my nostrils, and then putting the needle in my arm. I started feeling slightly disoriented and then I remember an image of of a door and the blazer... and then I woke up in the blazer in the rite aid parking lot throwing up blood. :barf: Two of the gaping holes in my mouth stopped bleeding last night, but other one kept bleeding all night and it didn't stop until this morning when I put more gauze in my mouth and left it in there for 3 hours. I can't open my mouth any larger than a half inch and holy crap my mouth hurt yesterday. Even now it hurts like hell, but compared to yesterday this is nothing. *takes more oxys*

o_0 ... you're scaring me ... after reading that, I would NOT want to get any teeth removed.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

he was like Cloud Strife twitchin in the wheelchair when we were trying to get him in the blazer ...

shoula brought the camera X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

My mouth feels like shit. I'm on oxycodone for the pain. :o

I think it took a little less than an hour, but I don't remember any of it. I remember them testing my blood pressure and setting it up to monitor my heart rate, then putting an oxygen tube on my nostrils, and then putting the needle in my arm. I started feeling slightly disoriented and then I remember an image of of a door and the blazer... and then I woke up in the blazer in the rite aid parking lot throwing up blood. :barf: Two of the gaping holes in my mouth stopped bleeding last night, but other one kept bleeding all night and it didn't stop until this morning when I put more gauze in my mouth and left it in there for 3 hours. I can't open my mouth any larger than a half inch and holy crap my mouth hurt yesterday. Even now it hurts like hell, but compared to yesterday this is nothing. *takes more oxys*

X'D Sounds similar to my experience. Fading in and out of reality all day. Bleeding all night. And cant open your mouth barely to swallow the pills.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I ate some pork roast and mashed potatoes last night. It just took a while to chew it slowly with my front teeth. It was really really soft meat tho. :drool:

he was like Cloud Strife twitchin in the wheelchair when we were trying to get him in the blazer ...

shoula brought the camera X'D

I am so glad you didn't have the camera with you. X'D

Sign in to follow this