Sledgstone

Ba-HA-moot

We've been playing FF12 and we finally got to the point where they mention Bahamut.. but the dialogue in this game is so messed up with their pronunciations, everyone is calling it Ba-HA-moot. -_- Is anyone else disappointed with everyone's speech? and I thought it was bad when they pronounced Marquis as Marqwiss... but Ba-HA-moot!?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Bahamut.........

is it that hard to comprehrend the u is silent? -_-; I guess thats what happens when all the voice actors are ignorant brits -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I liked the british voice acting done in Dragon Quest VIII, but man, FF12 has some disappointing voice acting.. What also gets me is that if you have the text at the bottom turned on, you'll see that half the time the voice actors appear to be ad libbing. Words they speak won't be in the actual game text.. and if you happen to be reading the text because you don't want to miss out on the name of some location (because everyone and everything is some made up word never spoken in english before. -_-), you get all frustrated because the dialogue won't match up with what you're reading.

I guess thats what happens when all the voice actors are ignorant brits -_-;

So yeah, your British stereo typing is wrong apparently. I got the Collectors Edition today, and even on the DVD it's said as "Bahamoot." Even in the wiki it's pronounced Bahamūt.

I blame square for being retards about the names they themselves came up with and not elaborating on their pronunciations until years upon years later.

Tidus = Teedus

Bahamut = Ba HA moot

and from FFVII mako is supposed to be pronounced Mack-o?

It all sounds like bad HK tranlations to me. :P

Mine too. I find that the Japanese mix up alot when it comes to the Western fantasy genre. I mean in Lodos War, for example, what they refer to as "Goblins" are in fact "Hobgoblins" and their "Kobolds" are closser to "Gnolls" then real Koblolds.

Don't even get me started on how anime portrays dragons.

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!