Samara

Help all artists!

Okay I have finished my first book and I have tried everything I can to draw my main character but I have nothing. I have a picture in my mind of what he should look like but I can't draw him right. I told my other writer friend and many artists I know, but they end up stuck as well. Please help me draw my main character.

Here's a description: He is 6 ft. tall, atheletic but not too bulky. He is actually pretty thin considering his actual strength. He has dark brown hair that goes down three inches past his waist and is tied in a braid along his back; ocean deep blue eyes; distinctive slash marks form being whipped as a child; he has automail on his right arm all the way up to his shoulder and half his left leg is automail. He has a scar on the right side of his face that starts at the bottom of his forehead and crosses over his eye (not eyelid, eye) and down to the bottom of his right ear. He wears baggy, torn, jean, cargo pants that are a faded black. He also wears an uneaven shirt that is a sleevless on his left and long sleeved on his right followed by a black leather glove. His most distinctive quality however are his black wings. They touch the ground and extend out to seven feet wide, the feathers are also outlined with a crimsom red color.

If anyone can help me I would be very grateful :help:

Don't expect too much. I change my mind a lot.

Don't keep making me repeat myself! It's not good for my health!

-Duo Maxwell

Thank you for the insight really, but I still need help here . . . Hello . . . hello . . . hello . . . HELLO! Damn what is the world coming to are there no means of salvation in the world? Okay look it's not the dramatic stuff it's all evil, gory, demons and arc angels . . . sci-fi fantasy pick one. HELLO!?

-Duo Maxwell

Sorry but insight is all I can offer you. I don't draw and it appears those who can are busy. You can try to comission a sketch over at deviant art.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Most people here are writers, not artists. The ones of us that do draw are rather busy right now. I'm sorry we can't help you, but there's no need to be a whiney-butt on your end. If someone could help you, they'd've been in contact by now.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Yea, I always know what I want things to look like but can never convey them properly. As things stand I have a pretty good image of what exactly your character should look like. The only issue is, I CAN'T DRAW.

In my opinion (humble as it is), you shouldn't draw the main character. You should give that description, and then let everyone find their own image of the character. That's one of the best parts about books, it's not like movies where the characters look a certain way and everything is pushed into you. You have chance to let your own creative mind flow and develop itself. If you give a description like the one that you gave (or however you describe) everyone will come up with a different way of how he should look to them. It's cool because everyone will have a slightly different twist on your character, so maybe the wings are tinged greyish instead of pure black, maybe the eyes are a different colour, maybe the scar runs through the iris but leaves the pupil unmarked (That would be cool. I personally don't like the idea of distinct facial scars running across the eyelid or bridge of the nose, seems too cliche. But I like how it runs across the actual eye itself, I thought it was a neat twist)

And hey! If the book gets published and gets a huge fanbase going on you could have a contest to have someone draw the main character, and then you'd have tons of people submitting entries into it, I think it would be really cool!

To be honest, if you had left that first post as is and given it time you would be doing a lot better for help. We respond much better to patience. ;) Welcome to the forums :)

aomsehri \|/

This post is definitely my greatest contribution to the site.

Oh that's perfectly understandable thank you for your help really. I think the idea of going to deviant art is a good idea, maybe I'll check the other art hangouts. I shall value all patience and wait for any response. Thank you.

-Duo Maxwell

Cobra 1: i sure would like to help, though i may only do a ink or pencil drawing, cause i don't think my colouring skills are all that great. problem is finding time. if i do, i will get it on here as soon as possible. big problem though, whats automail? the stuff from Fullmetle alchemist? sounds SO familar. but can't remember.

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

Yeah, sort of, I'll explain it once I remember myself . . . thanks let me know when you have time

-Duo Maxwell