Sign in to follow this  
Guest problemchild

help - what got me into gundam??

Guest problemchild

hi all. good to be here!!

been watching a lot of gundam recently but i got into it for a reason.....

(now bear with me here - i may ramble)

In the mid 80's, the guy across form us had a massive movable satalite dish in his garden that could paick up various tv shows from all over.

He used to tape (on VHS) this cartoon for me.

Now i'm hoping what i'm gonna write now wasn't just a freaky dream!!

Anyway, from what i recall, there were a group of people trying to save the world from this alien invasion. The series wasn't very long (20episodes maybe) but the basis of the series was them trying to find the alien "hive" where all the aliens were coming from.

(now this is the bit that hopefully will jog some memories)

Some of the group rode motorcycles and some of them flew jet planes and when they encountered any aliens, the Jets would turn into robots (very much like gundam) with the pilot then being the operator. The motorbikes however, turned into more of a jet pack thing that was wrapped around the rider.

Now i don't recall much more than this (i was very young at the time) and as i said, it was in the 80's but it was on satalite so it could have been from the US or europe but it was defo in english.

I've had a good search on the tinter web and have found nada/zip/zilch!

I hope its not some freaky mind trip but you never know!!

Someone please help me with a name or at least someone saying they remember it too!!

JJ

By the sounds of it your talking about the hack job of an anime known as Robotech but I'm not 100% certain for I've only seen 5 eps of the anime.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=71

Link to a description of Robotech. If that sounds familiar then thats what it's called.

Also since your new here a piece of friendly advice, refrain from double posting. Admins and mods frown upon it.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

yeah what he is talking about is the 3rd era of robotech after the southern cross arc where the invid had already taken over the world and the resistance was trying to reclaim

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Guest problemchild

thats the badger - i think!! the aliens look familiar anyway.

3rd series defo as the otherone's don't ring a bell.

now to see how i can get hold of the series!

JJ

ADV sells all of it....all 3 arcs....they are also currently releasing the original macross uncut and subbed from which Harmony Gold made "robotech"

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Sign in to follow this