Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

I got my PS3!!!

I've heard mixed feelings about the PS3 from people who were lucky enough to get one and it's making me wonder.

For one it's not fully backwards compatible like it was supposed to be (people are having problems playing PS2 games on it), it likes to overheat itself, etc. I'm beginning to think my idea of waiting for one was a good one. Have to wait and see what others say about it first (and get DX's impression of it).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Yeah, I'll judge after our wonderful DX gets his hand around it and makes the call. I didn't want to be any of the suckers taht waited in that line with the smashmyps3.com ppl. It was a waste of time, like seeing the Borat movie.

flcloa0.jpg

Fooly Cooly is when you do this with your hands...:la:

I've heard mixed feelings about the PS3 from people who were lucky enough to get one and it's making me wonder.

For one it's not fully backwards compatible like it was supposed to be (people are having problems playing PS2 games on it), it likes to overheat itself, etc. I'm beginning to think my idea of waiting for one was a good one. Have to wait and see what others say about it first (and get DX's impression of it).

Indeed the PS3 has had reported overheating issues... however all of these that I have read, had the PS3 in a cramp or enclosed area. I have not seen any major reports from any of the big sites however. And while that is an issue, i don't plan on keeping mine in an inclosed area anyways.

As far as blueray goes, I really dont care too much for the movies, my real interest is the data transfer and capacities of the discs. 2-3 disc games can now easily fit into one with room to spare. The size of actual games can spread to a whole new level.

As for games. Once i get my tracking number im going to gamestop to pick up Resistance, a second controller, and perhaps another game. over the course of the next 6-10 months i plan on getting:

Sonic

MGS4

Assassin's Creed

Dark Sector

Lair

Heavenly Sword

Warhawk

Armored Core 4

Ratchet & Clank

Gradius PS3

And in between that I must obtain a Wii before May when Smash Bros. Brawl comes out... other than that all i want for it currently is Zelda and Mario Galaxy.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6069082.stm

^ interesting information on some of your interaction based net services, and also a list of what titles would be available with the launch.

Resistance: Fall of Man

NBA 07

Genji: Days of the Blade

Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII

Call of Duty 3

Fight Night Round 3

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

F.E.A.R

Full Auto 2: Battlelines

Madden NFL 07

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

NBA 2K7

Need For Speed Carbon

NHL 2K7

Ridge Racer 7

Sonic the Hedgehog

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

Tony Hawk's Project

Untold Legends Dark Kingdom

I don't see their new Formula 1 racing game listed, but it's really good.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

No, just kidding. :meh: but did anyone wait outside the stores for the midnight launch?

Nope, I got my PS3 on November 8th shipped from Japan to me. My dad works for Sega Japan and I got the PS3 for free and any games made by Sega are free to me.

Games I have so far are.........

Sonic The Hedgehog

Full Auto 2:Battlelines

Miyasato Miyoshi Kyoudai Naizou: Sega Golf Club(Japan)

Tony Hawk's Project 8

Ridge Racer 7

Resistance: Fall of Man

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

Mahjong Taikai IV

:cool::)

Yeah I know, and they all pretty much suck too after the sega/snes era. I figured since they teamed up with namco they would put out a superior product, but i guess it hasn't happened yet. From what I read, the game is pretty buggy. I'm pretty disappointed.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!