Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

months or years?

How much time has passed since Luffy popped out of the barrel and scared the hell out of Coby? (ep/ch 1)

Considering what Coby looked like the last time we saw him... I don't think he got as big or strong as he is now in just a few months - even under Garp. He went from geeked out kid to nearly an adult in the past few hundred chapters ^_^;

I'll guess that over a year has passed, probably more like 2 or almost 3 years since Luffy last saw Coby. It takes time to sail from island to island, they aint fuckin teleporting. It takes time for the log pose to set, in some places a long time. I'll go with almost 3 years :look:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The manga premired in '97, the anime in '99. Oda had intended it to last 5 years and even had an ending in mind, but the story came into its own and it has a huge fan base in multiple countries. All these years of writing; at least a few years has to have passed in the story ne?

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I use to not notice how much time has past, I just thought oh they're pirrates and pirrtes have adventures one after another till a friend brought it up (destroying my little world where you can be in one place one day and in another the other day, I was 10... and not very bright). I guess the anime writers never wrote a few weeks/months later because I guess they thought we were all bright enough to figure it out on our own (I sure the hell wasn't).

Well, if it takes a least a few days to a week to just sail from one island to the next.. and some islands they spent multiple days on. but its so hard to tell how much time passes because some of their adventures take place so fast even tho they span many, many episodes. All of Skypiea took place in a matter of what, 2 days? even tho it lasted about one or two seasons worth of episodes. O_O; but the alabaster stuff.. hell, they had vivi on the crew for so long, that the newspapers kept reporting about the growing dissention of her country.. they must have had vivi on the ship for probably half a year to a year. heh, and once they got there, they must have been traveling that desert over the course of multiple days or even a week. they traveled all over an island the size of a country, so theres no way they could have accomplished that in a short time.

hmmm... with coby's age back then, the way he is now, luffy's adventures... seeing as Luffy set sail in the bucket at what, 17? all in all, I'd guess hes been traveling at least 4 or 5 years, maybe more. Hes probably in his early twenties now.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sign in to follow this