Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Well, I've only read thr first 6 volumes of the manga or so, so they may come in later, but where in the world did the demons come from? The manga doesn't have any of those. The only supernatural thing was that Kyo's soul is trapped inside of Kyoshiro. Other than that, they go into much more detail about all the main characters and their reasons for doing what they do.

Although I usually like the manga better than the anime in most cases.

kurozakuro-v01-ch03-0851.png

I sit here on my shelf, Just talking to myself.

we finished up the series, and of course they explaine a lot near the end so here goes...

The Mibu clan has been controling the fate of the country from the shadows since a time out of mind. they are mad powerful fighters and skilled in the dark arts. Kyoshiro was of the Mibu clan, but had left them years ago.Demon Eyes Kyo came from Kyoshiro. The Mibu split his soul in two and put Kyo into a body they had made for him. Kyo wouldn't obey the Mibu and took off on his own to go do some killin. He is the darker side of Kyoshiro.

It wasnt a meteor at Sekioharu (sp?) it was a portal to the demon world. The Mibu were going to put the red demon king in Kyo's body so that he could lead the Mibu out of the shadows, but shitz went wrong and the blast forced Kyo back into Kyoshiro's body. Kyoshiro sealed Kyo's body away so that the Mibu couldnt have it and then he lost a lot of his memory.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

i thought this series was good. but i was a bit dissapointed with the last major battle. i expected to see some good swordplay but instead we kinda got gipped with a couple super moves:

they turned into flying suzaku flame birds and flew around into each other.

:\ not the dramatic battle i was hoping for. and to top it off, kyo didn't even do the other moves his master taught him. and then.. the actual last battle between mibu and kyo.. they didn't even show it! :-x still, at least its not an eva ending or some bs. :-p

overall i liked everything, i think i'll look into the manga if i come across it. ^_^

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

they didn't show the battle, but at the end they showed yuya running to them and seeing one of them fall down dead. the scene kinda cut away and the shadow of the one still standing looked alot like Kyoshiro. and we are left with the impression that it was kyoshiro because they show yuya as a medicine woman (kyoshiro's medicine cabinet/backpack, etc.)

i wish they didn't beat around the bush so much about it when they make it look that obvious.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg