Sledgstone

Bleach in english...

I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I hear Ichigo's voice, all I can hear is Vash the Stampede. x_x And Rukia's... jeebus. Rukia is about as animated in her voice as Ichigo.. but her voice actor doesn't even change the pitch or characteristics of her voice.. its like shes just reading a script. x_x; I hate these voices.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I would have to agree with you there, but I have noticed that about other voice actors in almost every english translated version of anime

Don't expect too much. I change my mind a lot.

Don't keep making me repeat myself! It's not good for my health!

-Duo Maxwell

Guest Kyo

Well remember the voice actor for Ichigo is the one that was in Power Ragers alooooooong time ago. Well besides that I heard mostly the Hollows are mostly spanish if people noticed already for an example.. hueco mundo, now it really doesn't matter to me and this isn't a complaint because as for myself I'm half Puetro Rican and Half Japanese, but don't you think that they're certain things that makes it really messed up on...if you get my drift. I still watch the anime still it's just common to noticed things like that.

No one will ever be satisfied with anime dubs for the same reasons.

1. Companies responsible for dubbing try to use western animation voices in an eastern animated product. These vary in four types. Goofy, Serious, Monotone, Cute

2. In the west, background music is important. Dub's tend to have that added. sometimes this is awfully done.

3. Anime dub VA's are heavily recycled because there aren't many out there that do it. Ex: Spike (bebop), Roger (Big O), Mugen (Champloo).

4. Some people are purists, and will hate the dub even if it was better than the original.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

4. Some people are purists, and will hate the dub even if it was better than the original.

you're saying that as if its happened before.. lol. I don't believe a dub could ever actually be 'better' than the original.

one thing i noticed, the one major thing i noticed is that the english voice actors can't hit the crazy excitement tones. be it screaming during a powerful attack, or a female character screaming at a pervert. or just making a funny noise. -- when the wapanese VA's do it, it just sounds weak. and embarassing.

I don't believe a dub could ever actually be 'better' than the original.

And with that, my point is made further. whether it has ever happened or not is up to the individual.

I tend to favor being able to understand what's being said rather than having to read about it. Yes some of the VA's are horrible, but that goes for both sides of the fence. Being a casual anime viewer, I guess I don't really grasp the concept of getting bent out of shape over a character's voice, especially when its not even a bad voice... its just a different pitch from the original. When I see griping, I do tend to look around youtube to listen to the subbed versions out of pure curiosity.

When I see an anime in english before I watch the original in Japanese, I usually don't criticize it as much, but after watching something for over 50 to 300 episodes long subtitled and then hear the english VAs I'm usually much more biased. I can't stand the english bleach VAs and Naruto is bad too. But aside from the voice actors, the show, characters and plot is all the same. I wonder how many people on here watch bleach in english.. nobody posts anything about it, but I know its an airing show in the states. we need more bleach fans here. ^_^

I think they're alot more serious about their VAs in Japan too.. I remember reading before that they had to stop production of One Piece for two or three weeks when the VA for Chopper came down with a bad cold/laryngitis.

you're saying that as if its happened before.. lol. I don't believe a dub could ever actually be 'better' than the original.

GOLDEN BOY! X'D that anime is so awesome in english. X'D

oh and Steamboy.. Japanese VAs playing the roles of british characters didn't sound right at all, but the dub was amazing.

Laputa: Castle in the Sky was actually better in French than Japanese I thought

I think one reason why Japanese VAs are usually much better in quality is because people actually go to school and train to become a voice actor where as here, as far as I know, it's all about if you've got the "talent" or not.

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

Laputa: Castle in the Sky was actually better in French than Japanese I thought

I think one reason why Japanese VAs are usually much better in quality is because people actually go to school and train to become a voice actor where as here, as far as I know, it's all about if you've got the "talent" or not.

or a famous actor... don't forget that one :P

the famous actors usually do a pretty good job with voice acting, but i'm sure with the amount of money they're being paid they have to, right? It's not like good voice actors don't exist in America....I guess anime is just too little of a job to really care

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

:(

I caught a fragment of one episode.

All I can say is.............

god watch the subs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

There're a few good series that're dubbed well. I know slippers prefers good dubs. I'm not a big fan of Bleach either way, so I can't comment on their va's ^_^

EDIT: Welcome aboard.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

For bleach... I definitely prefer the subs. But I haven't watched an episode of bleach in almost a year. Does anyone know if the current episodes have a decent ongoing plot?

i hate the dubs, i am sub for life!!!

except when i want to have a good laugh of course :)

Welcome to AC! :happy: