Pchan

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

Watching the initial frames of the first episode made me wonder 'goddamn, this kid's annoying and if he's going to play an integral part of the series, I'll be damned' X'D but I was proven wrong. I was not annoyed by his character, moreso, at the thought that the series had a 'kiddy' element to it.

I'd have to say it's an excellent series and shows Zeon in a slightly different perspective, we're riding their story. The opening scenes with the Zeon suits is really sweet hehe and they decipate the Federation suits, ending battle is also pretty good between the Zaku and the Gundam. All in all, a good story and not just senseless fighting in super suits.

How do you guys rate this series ?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Along with The 08th MS Team, it is the most realistic gundams, and portrays the characters just as soldiers on a battlefield. And beside, 0080 had some of the best mecha: KAMPFER, Alex, Gelgoog J, GM Sniper II, and GUNCANNON MASS PRODUCED VERSION.

Favorite Series (s):

1.War in the Pocket

1. 08th MS Team (tied)

2. Zeta

3. Victory

(place Stardust Memory somewhere in there)

Best AU Gundam is Gundam X

But yeah, War in The Pocket was one of the Better Gundam Series IMO, although its animation is dated, like Zeta, that doesn't decrease your enjoyment of the excellent series. Have you seen any other UC Gundams GG?

(Yes strider, I ranked 08th ms team and war in the pocket higher than Zeta Gundam :P)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually 0080 isn't as dated animation wise as you think. Like 0083 it was made in the 90's so it's animation is actually much better then Zeta's.

As for 0080 as I've told you in IM's GG the Gundam series would of continued without it, doesn't play that big of a role in the grand scheme of things. I wasn't too highly impressed with the show. It's got good character development and I love the focus on Zeon but it just doesn't meet my standards as a great Gundam show. I will admit though it has one of the best suits from the OYW in it and that is the Kaempfer.

Hey BlitzZ everyone has there own favorite series. As long as it's a UC series going over Zeta then I won't give you crap for it. I, myself, love 8th MS Team and, depending on my train of thought, will rank it higher then Zeta Gundam on the best Gundam series list I have (it's not my favorite Gundam series, Zeta will forever hold that place, but it's up there as one of the best Gundam series ever made).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Amen, Strider! I hate all the Seed Fanboys/Girls who think its the best gundam series ever. Sure, some of the mech desings are sleek, but trying to retell the One Year War whihc HALF THE GUNDAM SERIES ARE BASED ON is just stupid.

Have you seen Victory Gundam Strider? Its alot like Zeta, only without Quattro Bejeena *coughCharcough* and all the other OYW Characters. I like some of the mech designs alot better than some of Zetas wild designs (believe it or not, I never liked the Zeta Gundams Design) and it was written during Tomino's depression time, alot of the main characters die like in Zeta.

(only a few more monthes till my perfect grade gp01!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I love 0080 also alongside with 08th MS Team. But I still think 08th MS Team ranks higher than this though. The main reason I like 08th MS Team is because it's not about NewTpye and the supa dupa MS/Gundams. I'd give 0080 a 9/10.

Yup BlitzZ, from the UC timeline I've watched 08th MS Team, Stardust Memory and Mobile Suit Gundam (which I fairly recall since I saw it in bits and parts) ... all this before watching War In The Pocket.

WITP is a good show indeed, but I have to agree with Strider, atleast for me it didn't get bigger than 08th MS Team or Stardust Memory. But then again, it's only my personal preferance hehe.

I'm dying to watch Zeta Gundam although and MSG if I can by the end of the year, so I can go through the series' story step by step.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Amen, Strider! I hate all the Seed Fanboys/Girls who think its the best gundam series ever. Sure, some of the mech desings are sleek, but trying to retell the One Year War whihc HALF THE GUNDAM SERIES ARE BASED ON is just stupid.

Have you seen Victory Gundam Strider? Its alot like Zeta, only without Quattro Bejeena *coughCharcough* and all the other OYW Characters. I like some of the mech designs alot better than some of Zetas wild designs (believe it or not, I never liked the Zeta Gundams Design) and it was written during Tomino's depression time, alot of the main characters die like in Zeta.

(only a few more monthes till my perfect grade gp01!)

I've got Victory Gundam downloaded (have for over a year) it's just that with my busy schedule I have yet to find time to sit down and watch it since it's 50 eps long (true thats only two days of straight watching for me (how I first saw Zeta) but I don't really want to devout a weekend to it right now). I've been having the same problem sitting down and watching Turn-A and ZZ.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Yeah,Turn A I really need to watch, its just that the design of Turn A "turns" (HA!) me off, and I don't have the time, since I've been watching Zegapain. Negano's resign looks a little bit better, and I've heard the series is great, but I watched the first ep and didn't like it that much. Also, I lost my fansub of Victory Gundam, can you PM me or post a link in the fansubs forum with the link? I really want to watch it again before the master grade V, V2, V2 Buster, V2 Assault, or V2 Assault-Buster come out, as I love the mecha designs. I also need to find translations of Gundam Sentinel and Hathaway's Flash (both excellent novels from what I've heard)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]