Sign in to follow this  
Torreyjs

64 bit processor?

ok well this laptop i have here contains a 64 bit processor

now am i suposed to see a difference from its 32 bit bretheren?

oh and another thing about hardware

Start-right click my computer-properties

when i go here it shows the run speed of my processor lowly 2.0 gighz

but the speed for the RAM changes non stop

most of the time when i look at it its either 997 megahertz or 447 megahertz and constantly changes between those 2

why!

unless you are running a Vista beta OS you will not see much difference from the 32 bit processors since all windows OSes are currently coded in 32 bit

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

ok well this laptop i have here contains a 64 bit processor

now am i suposed to see a difference from its 32 bit bretheren?

oh and another thing about hardware

Start-right click my computer-properties

when i go here it shows the run speed of my processor lowly 2.0 gighz

but the speed for the RAM changes non stop

most of the time when i look at it its either 997 megahertz or 447 megahertz and constantly changes between those 2

why!

Ram dosnt have a set speed that it has to stay at depending on what kind. Normaly if you buy 997megaherts it can run that or anything below it. Thats why when adding more ram it become a pain in the ass if your new to the process.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

ram difference is only baed on its latency really...the lower the better

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Lol.. All windows incarnations suck Mimiru. Linux is FAR superior, although since I don't want to try all these emulators and stuff I dual booted or whatever, my harddrive, so I can use windows for gaming, but mostly I use linux for everyday stuffs.

and yeah...eppy nailed it right on the head. (I've always wanted to say that) lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

. Linux is FAR surperior
but.... not alot runs on linux.. not too many games that is.

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50