Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

GAIM users read!

if you use GAIM do not update your windows update files. The newest patches cause GAIM to no longer work correctly if you use MSN. Just a warning since I updated my windows computers and GAIM no longer works on them. On there site theres over 100 bug reports about it.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

hmm mine updated 2 days ago are you sure you just didnt notice it? There was posts about trillian beng semi effected by the windows updates, not on trillian boards but on the GAIM CVS board becuse people where saying trillian wasnt connecting to the msn hotmail protocol box anymore. It was connecting but it wouldnt let them access there mail correctly or somthing. I didnt read into it becuse I didnt notice a think other then an update when I turned trillian on after I did my windows update.

Oh and for the people that do use GAIM theres a patch on the cvs that fixed the client.

sig.php

Yahoo and MSN merged and made life tougher for me, the new platforms especially the Yahoo platform has too many Live toolbars that make it crash on my computer >_>' ... but what's GAIM ? Another platform like Trillian that allows MSN+Yahoo+Aim ?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Actuly its alot better if you know programming. Its an open source AIM, Yahoo, Jabber, ICQ, MSN, IRC and many other protocols are by default added but its open source so if you know C++ you can go in and add in other protocols or edit the look and feel for your self. Its not as sexy looking as Trillian or Miranda IM but its still nice to use since it can run on windows and any linux/unix distro you want.

Miranda IM is another Open source multi protocol chat client. Has a bigger community that puts out add-ons and plug-ins to add tools you may want. Things Such as chat bots, irc tools, spam blockers, ip lookups.... Also theres easy steps to making themes. Theres no tools to make the themes its just a pick the image you want for the background type of deal. Unless you want to modify the buttons and stuff there is a theme add on you can get.

Trillian to put it bluntly is for the people that dont care about open source or dont really want to deal with minor crap like downloading bug fixes and such (since Trillian updates if it has an issue and the others dont).

Its nice to install all 3 to have a try and see what one you like better...or just keep them all like I do and use the one you want when you want.

sig.php

Majority of people that browse the net do not wish to fix programs they download, they expect them to work. Trillians auto-update is fantastic and automatically makes it a superior program for the general market ;)

The Astra build should be quiet interesting.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!