Pchan

When did you last ...

... punch your fist in the air like a 'yeah!' or cry without initial control over your emotions - reacting to a scene from an anime ? It was just interesting for me.

The first time I watched FMA, the 'Cry Of The Chimera' (7th) episode just went by and made me sad. I'm watching the series once more and when I came up to the episode, I almost didn't want to watch it because it was so depressing. It was sorta unbearable, and eventually landed up shedding a tear. In contrast, I got all pumped up (felt like a character hahaha X'D) with the hair on my hands standing while watching Itachi briefly fight Kakashi and the other two instructors. Or when Fuuko fought Magensha's brother (from Flame Of Recca). There've been other times as well, but if I list em all, it'll kill any potential discussion in the thread ^_^

What's your experience been and with which anime ?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

OKay... so soul bearing embarassing times: The last one. Yugi-oh. It was sad okay! The season finale of the one with atlantis and the mythical dragons and all that... Mai went bad and they had those jewels that... surprise surprise, stole people's souls. So the bad guys, they were all angry and their souls were taken because they lost (because Seto and the crew are sooo good) and then when Yugi became like this shining vision of hope and goodness, they gave up their darkness and the one guy saw his little brother and sister and his parents and they told him not to be sad anymore and that they were okay and everything would be better and they'd all meet up again one day. And the other guy saw his baby brother and he told him to be strong and that he was with their mom now and oh my gosh, I was just crying it was sooo sad. Uh. Sad.

Just so you know "Anyone who tries to thwart love will hear the stomping of HOOves and cries of revenge."

I was going to say something... I swear....

What type of flowers are between your nose and your chin?

Two Lips!!

Hmm... I can't think of any anime that I've recently watched that's made me cry, probably since I haven't watched anything too dramatic lately.

I got teary-eyed watched the end of Voices of a Distant Star/Hoshi no Koe. I'm still in denial of the ending, as proven by the debate I had with my brother last night. So sad, so sad.

Poor, poor Noboru. He worked all that time to get to outer space, but he won't even be finding Mikako... why? Because she's DEAD! ...or so everyone tells me.

Hey, it's not like they showed it. I can still deny it...:lookdown:

The ending of Ayashi no Ceres is another tear jerker for me. If you've watched it, you can probably guess which part.

The part where Aya's screaming and crying over Aki sacrificing himself. It's all about the scream. Just kinda strikes a chord.

The situation wasn't helped by that Toya-could-drop-dead-anytime conversation that was shoved in at the very end.

I watch that episode whenever I feel like getting bummed out, but I haven't even watched Voices of a Distant Star a second time. Good anime, but it bums me too much.

Oh, and then there was Doggy Poo...

Just kidding.

The last time I got pumped up for a character... umm... I guess Saiunkoku Monogatari.

When they Shuurei gets kidnapped and everyone has to go save her. I seriously thought Ryuuki was gonna charge them until the hair clip fell from the upper floor. Oh, and her dad. Who saw that coming? The guy actually kicks butt, so much for being a librarian...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can say with pride that I cried at the end of Hoshi no Koe. That movie was so beautiful and it was such a sad ending.

I also got teary eyed at the end of The Promised Place in our Early Days. Was an awesome movie and I loved how it ended.

Lets just say watching Aishiteruze Baby pulled at my heart strings more then once and I was so ready to beat that one chick down for hurting Yuzu. Ask my mother cause I was threatening my comp.

And then theres that one ep in Full Metal Alchemist.

You know the one, where Hughes gets killed (can't remember the name or ep number). I refuse to watch that ep anymore because everytime they get to the end with his daughter asking all those questions and what not. It completely breaks my heart to see it. I always break down and cry at that point. Such an emotional ep

Theres many more but I don't want to list them (don't get me started on my reactions to mech anime, some of those battles get me pretty excited to the point where I'm yelling at the screen). Most of the time I'm pretty calm while watching anime.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I also got teary eyed at the end of The Promised Place in our Early Days. Was an awesome movie and I loved how it ended.

I've been debating for a while whether to watch that movie or not, after Hoshi no Koe. Is the ending as depressing? Or is sad in a mellow happy way (if that even makes sense)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The ending of Ayashi no Ceres is another tear jerker for me. If you've watched it, you can probably guess which part.

The part where Aya's screaming and crying over Aki sacrificing himself. It's all about the scream. Just kinda strikes a chord.

The situation wasn't helped by that Toya-could-drop-dead-anytime conversation that was shoved in at the very end.

oh ya. thats deffinately one that got me. granted i watched it all in one night... but there are so many tense moments in the series.

i think the part thats almost brought me to tears was in the beginning though after Aya first finds out the situation her and Aki are in.

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

i think the part thats almost brought me to tears was in the beginning though after Aya first finds out the situation her and Aki are in.

You mean when they start hunting her, like the first episode? Or the part when Aki stays over, and she realizes that she's gonna end up hurting him?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And then theres that one ep in Full Metal Alchemist.

You know the one, where Hughes gets killed (can't remember the name or ep number). I refuse to watch that ep anymore because everytime they get to the end with his daughter asking all those questions and what not. It completely breaks my heart to see it. I always break down and cry at that point. Such an emotional ep

That's Episode 25 - Farewell Ceremony.

"why, why are they burying daddy? daddy's got work to do and he cant do it if they cover him up...daddy has work to do he told me so...why are they burying daddy, why are they burying daddy?" - roughly, that's what his daughter says :( ... I'm dreading getting to this episode on the re-watch

Oh yeah, I forgot about Chobits and Wolf's Rain, which again played with my heart. WR has too many moments unfortunately, can't just pick one.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I got depressed when:

Gungrave the last episode.

FMA the last episode

The last few episides of Fushigi Yuugi (Tamahome's lil brothers and sisters OMFG!) had me going.

Gourry screaming for Lina and then they finally kissed! Yay!

The elevator shoot out in Gungrave

The 100 man slaying ep and the last 2 episodes of Berserk had me freaking(I became a manga fan girl that night and keep up on my Berserk)

The last couple eps of Wolfs Rain :cry:

One Piece fights have me saying whoo! all the time X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

That's Episode 25 - Farewell Ceremony.

"why, why are they burying daddy? daddy's got work to do and he cant do it if they cover him up...daddy has work to do he told me so...why are they burying daddy, why are they burying daddy?" - roughly, that's what his daughter says :( ... I'm dreading getting to this episode on the re-watch

Oh yeah, I forgot about Chobits and Wolf's Rain, which again played with my heart. WR has too many moments unfortunately, can't just pick one.

Thats it, thanks GG. You just had to make me read that too. Now I'm all sad and junk.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Sorry bout that Strider *doesn't know where to look* ...

On Wolf's Rain ....

Ya know, when Darcia comes for Cheza in this futuristic place, wearing a mask, and everyone he passes by dies/faints ... he then enters a room with rich people and that woman in armour going around in circles, well that whole scene gives me goosebumps especially because of Heaven's Not going on in the backdrop *adore that song*

I didn't cry, but I was holding tears in and it was a close thing during the Vandread episode when they go to that dying planet and Bart befriends the sick little girl. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it. :(

kurozakuro-v01-ch03-0851.png

I sit here on my shelf, Just talking to myself.

Full Metal Alchemist's episode titled 'Teacher' when right at the end they're ontop of the hill and Izumi bashes them up really bad, Ed stands up, crying and just when they (Ed and Al) thought she'd whack them again, Izumi hugs them ... bloody emotional with all the music and timing :(

I've got to side with Strider on Ep 25 of FMA. Elysia is just so damn adorable, and then they show that scene...:( I just about die every damn time they show it.

As to scenes that I just get pumped up about...the final fight between Zabuza and Gato in Naruto. Naruto gets emotional about Haku, Zabuza gets emotional with Naruto, then Gato gets his just desserts from Zabuza. One of many good fights from several good anime's.

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

I can only think of three anime that I've ever gotten really emotional over. One being Wolf's Rain, the second being Chrono Crusade, and the third being Grave of Fireflies. I got really pissed off watching Akira, other than that, I try to keep it at an enjoyment level lol. :happy:

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

On some of my recent anime watches, the end of Gungrave left my cheeks wet with streams of tears going off in all directions ...

... talking of the part where Brandon protects Harry and is on the floor ... when Harry asks why he protected him after all the pain he'ad caused ... and Brandon says "Because I couldn't harm you" or something in that effect (can't remember the exact dialogue)

:(

Oh ! And towards the end of the Inu Yasha series ...

... when Sesshoumaru wields his Tensaiga to pass through the Gates to the other world (where his dad's grave lies) ... is just SO EPIC !!!

made me punch my fist in the air and say "yeeeeeeeeeeah, badass !" ^_^

One Piece

When Sanji's just about to leave the floating restaurant with Luffy, and at that moment, the old man says "Sanji, don't get a cold..." ... I think I broke down the same time as Sanji did >_> ...