Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sledgstone

Peanut plants and jellyfish

5 posts in this topic

The other day I thought to myself.. how does a peanut grow? O_O is it like a fruit tree or are the peanuts part of the root? So I looked it up and its neither.. peanut plants grow the flowers, then lower the pod into the soil to make the peanut. O_O I find this fascinating that I've been eating peanuts my entire life but never knew how they grew..

Peanut plant:

http://www.goodearthpeanuts.com/info.htm

so then I thought, what else grows weird in nature and then I thought about jellyfish.. for part of their life cycle they grow like a plant and then spawn off multiple jellyfish. O_O

Jellyfish:

http://images.encarta.msn.com/xrefmedia/zencmed/targets/illus/ilt/000ed370.gif

anyone else know of any odd growing plants or wildlife that many people may not know about?

DeathscytheX likes this

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

That's pretty weird... O_O I always wondered where peanuts came from...

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

Didn't know that fact about jelly-fish ... cool.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

peanuts are starting to freak me out now.....

at first, I thought this post was going to be about peanut butter jelly time X'D I just saw peanuts and jelly and I jumped the gun I guess...

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

you're weird hon :kiss:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0