Sign in to follow this  
Torreyjs

What makes Gundam Wing so popular?

oh yeah btw what was the name of the gundam series with a Ball gundam thing it was blue with 2 lil arms and a ball and this guy has the hots for the rebel chick etc etc

i liked that a lot but i forgot its name i know it showed with bigo and outlaw star(2 other top notch animes)

Umm...almost every UC gundam has featured the Ball gundam. I think you might be thinking of 08th MS Team (along with 0080 these are my favorite gundam OVA series.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thats it! O8th ms team

that one is pretty cool to me i loved watching that and outlaw star

i liked that one because the gundams seemed to struggle a lot more though they were outdoing the zakus

seemed more personal/soldieresque not just running thru hunder plus of enemies (tho that has its own charm to me)

i guess what im trying to sya is the delivery? of everything from the action to the story line i just liked i duno how to say it exactly

Treize was my fav char of all time becuase of everything the silk smooth voice to this clothes and the fat that he stood up for the people, not like a hero but a leader, a good one

i dunno i cant name it exactly and im sure thats like taboo but too bad cant really place it that well

plus he was like ultra wise it seemed that like was calm and collected all the time

Because the freaking Yaoi fangirls must make yaoi out of every anime with 4 or more boys in it. -_-; actually I don't even know why its popular XDD. Personally I'm one of the fangirls who likes the old UC Gundams..

Haman Karn Ownz you and your family.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That right there is a whoooole other debate with me! ^_^;;

But I really don't think that's the main reason. Yaoi fangirls will throw any boys together if they think they're cute, regardless of the character themselves. That's not limited to GW, I've seen it in so many other areas, and not just anime. *stabs eyes when she thinks about the Harry Potter yaoi*

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

GW became so popular for the same reason DBZ did... We were an anime starved culture, it fed us, and it tasted good, because we were hungry.

They could have put out any anime that had high-quality animation, whether it was good or sub par and it would have become insanely popular. Thats the short and easy answer... this topic makes my head spin. lol

Hell, they could have put out the atrocity that is Blue Gender and it would have been hailed as the greatest thing ever to grace TV.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Well, it's popular because it the most girl-friendly gundam series to be shown on Cartoon Network. By making it girl-friendly, the anime's audience doubled.

I loved Wing when it was on CN (Nanashi was my favorite). Then I went through a period where I started to think that it was a horrible anime because I felt like it was incomplete. I didn't think it explained itself well-enough. Now I can't wait to watch it again. I believe it is an anime that people have to watch at least twice in order to at least appreciate it because for people who have not seen nor are interested in watching any other Gundam series, it is good.

In order to prepare me for re-watching it (I have to be able to answer the onslaught of questions and analyze characters from my boyfriend because I am going to watch it with him), I have been reading some essays that analyze the characters and it dawned on me that the characters are waaay more complex than some people give them credit for.

Anyway, I didn't mean to start defending the series. I'm just excited about watching it again.

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.

Don't fell bad about defending it. If you like it, that's great. ^^ And if you can, get ahold of the manga. It explains a lot more and helps with understanding the characters a bit more. Espically Relena. I'm not a huge Relena fan, but the manga (and Endless Waltz) helped me not hate her anymore!

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I love Gundam. All Gundam. Even the ones people stated above that they hate. Wing has a special place in my heart because it was my first Gundam (Thank CN!). I think the reason it was so popular are all the reason you guys claim to dislike it. No political intrige? That's right! More action instead. Over powered Gundams? Ya! Tons of explosions and pew pew pew lazers! Of course the pretty boy pilots, also! Gotta love Duo! A lot of girl Gundam fans will say they dislike Relena. Mostly for the annoying English dub, but also for her ideals and her clingy, selfish, spoilt attitude. Mostly because yaoi fans, tho. Yup. That's why Gundam is so popular. It came out when Yaoi was just becomming mainstream. At least that what I saw as a female fan when Gumdam Wing was first hitting mainstream America.

The watersprite that lives underground like a mole.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sign in to follow this