Sign in to follow this  
Torreyjs

whats the deal with naruto

ok if i make enemies by saying this well too damn bad dont take this personal

now im not saying Naruto sucks, not at all, but i dont get it at all and my bro used to watch it til he got tired of it too

however it seems too............boring

and yeah ive watched exactly 11 eps so far since i havent deleted them from dvr or tivo or whatever this newfangled machine is called

but liek i said its got to be a good anime cuz sooo many ppl love it but i wanna know why it just seems to me to be to kid driven i dunno maybe i shouldve watched past the first 11 eps and ive unoficialy watched like 5 others at my cuzs

now i didnt put this in the naruto thing cuz i didnt want to start unecesary fights tho i probly shouldve but oh well burn me bitches

watch the sub or read the manga...the dub doesnt really do much justice to it at all and the manga by far kicks the crap out of the anime due to all the crappy filler the anime puts in...also the serires itself starts off slow with the misc missions and stuff but it starts picking up later on

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Lets put it this way, it's an anime you absolutely love or absolutely hate.

I can safely say I hate the anime (have seen completely thru ep 25 and various eps from 25 to 100 not in order) and am impartial about the manga. The manga is much better then the anime series but I still don't know whether I like it or not (though I'll admit the fight between Gaara and Lee during the exams was awesome).

It basically just comes down to your taste in anime. and whether or not you like shows like Naruto.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

The first 10-20 episodes are pretty slow, and annoying in edited english. the unedited season 1 boxset is coming out soon, I'd suggest you watch that or the unedited fansubs. Once you watch the fights in the chunin exam episodes, the entire show takes off drastically from there and doesn't let up in its intensity for about 80 episodes.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Theres alot of boring spots all through Naruto but theres also alot of great fights. So its a bit of a mix. I can't say why others like it but I can sure tell you the 2 things that make me want to keep watching it is to see more about Naruto and the 9tailed fox and also just to see Naruto and Hinata (im waiting for the day they do somthing "constructive" togeathor..like that will ever happen lol).

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I don't watch Naruto in english, their voices make me wanna spew.

The neverending filler episodes are driving me nutz too. The manga rocks socks.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

hm well i dont hate the anime but to me its boring, to keep it simple

i dont think i can hate much anime if any really unless im forced to watch it because i can always just not watch it

I do enjoy reading the manga's, but the anime just doesn't appeal to me. I've tried to watch it, but like Lady said, the English voices are just horrible, that and for some reason I just can't get into it. I'm really not sure what the huge explosion was over the anime, I think it was kinda like Inuyasha was for a bit. Everybody and their dog, jumps in on the "awsome new anime" train, and choo-choo away they go. I don't know, everyone is intitled to their own opinion, I just never cared for it.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

I like the anime in Jap, I just don't care for the filler crap. I wanna see the cool shitz they've been doing in the manga on my tv now damnit :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I'm not a fan of it, either. My animation demands are a little higher as far as characters go. I'm a fan of Full Metal Alchemist, Evangelion, and Gundam Wing.

But yes, dubs absolutely do suck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

I know some ppl who are put off by One Piece's animation style but the I don't mind the odd characters and its always a kick ass story :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I like Ussop's nose :P It adds dimenseion to his character X'D

I love his Jva too

Luffy vs Ussop fight about had me in tears

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I don't watch the anime. I just can't deal. I like the manga quite a bit better.

All the continuity errors in the anime (especially fillers) make me want to hurt someone.

I can live with that. Cheers. If I had the Manga to every series I loved, I'd be very poor but I'd prolly never watch the anime.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

Sign in to follow this