falling-angel-111

How have you changed?

Actually how have your music interests changed? Do you change bands/artists with the stage you are in at the time? Does one of your favorite bands from a couple years ago sound horrible?

I like just about anything you can throw at me, mostly though what ever I can sing with. ^_^: About 3 years ago my favorite singer was Any Grant. X'D I don't have a favorite band/artist now, but I would say My Chemical Romance is somewhere at the top. But I love Clasic rock, like Fleetwood Mac. What I listen to changes daily, but mostly I look for songs that have a little meaning to them. ^_^;

Any one you Can't believe you actually listened to? :P

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

haha i cant believe i listened to britney spears XD thats the kind fo CD you own, but never tell anyone about (and secretly listen to at night) and also, in 6th grade, when avril lavigne came out, i listened to her... then i saw the new years special and was just kinda like "wtf? whered that accent come from O_o" so i just got mad that she editted her voice and stopped listening. a couple years later i heard a song by her and just said to myself "i liked this?"

so ya, i guess you can say it did change with my "stage". i guess i liked the whole bad girl thing she had going on.

now i listen to a lot of different stuff from local hardcore bands, to slipknot, L'Arc~en~Ciel, blink182, matisyahu, metallica, and really, anything with a good beat. i really dont like most rap or hiphop, but there are certain songs i like.

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

Before I never really used to listen to music much, just whatever was on the radio was fine with me. But I've always hated country, rap is alright sometimes. Like "What you now bout that" song by T.I. has a nice little beat to it. >_>;

Now I like more Indie like The Killers and whatever you'd call Taking Back Sunday, The Pink Spiders, and The Bravery and other stuff. I don't really consider them emo or somewhat emo, except maybe The Bravery...

...I used to listen to whatever was on tv but now for some reason I hate a lot of bands that go on MTV and sing their song because the next day you might just see some random person who has never heard of them before just listening to them. :/

All I'm going to say is that I used to think Linkin Park was the best musical group ever formed. Nowadays, my opinion on them is quite the opposite. You can draw your own conclusions from that.

Because you were one step closer to the edge.

Indeed, I used to like Linkin Park as well. Not quite so much anymore.

aomsehri \|/

This post is definitely my greatest contribution to the site.

I used to listen to nothing but classical music and maybe a little alternative rock as well. Now all I listen to is Jpop and Jrock

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

A bunch of robots? I think that was Reanimation, their remixed version of their first album, Hybrid Theory.

But anyway, my music style hasn't changed much. That's a lie, it has changed a LOT. I'm a die-hard hater of country. It just seems to be the most repetitive genre out there. I always here the same message in each. It's either about beer, girls, the old days, or love. In a nutshell at least.

I used to listen to the fangirls bands, like Britney Spears and N*Sync. Probably because I didn't know of anything else to listen to. Now, I detest and hemorhhage when they're on the radio.

But with the stuff I like, I've mostly shifted to rock and techno. Before, they were unkown genres to me. Now, that's all I mostly listen to. Bands like Linkin Park (sorry, my absolute favorite), Yellowcard, and Staind are high in the rock list, while 4 Strings, Chemical Brothers, and Daft Punk are my tops for techno.

Basically, my genre preferences are rock and techno, but I like to listen to anything you throw at me...except country.

flcloa0.jpg

Fooly Cooly is when you do this with your hands...:la:

Meh, I used to be one of those people who followed the trends of music and my favorite type always changed based on what was in (I went from liking Country to Pop and back). However, as of 6 years ago, my music took a complete turn.

All I listen to nowadays is Death/Black Metal, Gothic Rock, Classical Rock, Dark Wave, Trance, Techno, J-rock, J-pop, Industrial (w00t Rammstein), and Classical Music (hey, gotta love the greats like Beethoven). Anything else will clear me from the room within seconds of being played. I can usually stand listening to most stuff but everytime I hear Rap or Country I feel the urge to hurt someone terribly (can't figure out why either, maybe because the bad rhyming gets to me).

And hey now lets not mock Linken Park. They were a good band, heck I enjoyed Hybrid Theory and Meteora (hell I still listen to both occasionally). However, they're remixes sucked.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

lol, I had every one of Linkin Park's albums, probably still on the comp too. ^_^ I heard about them through a friend, he wouldn't leave me alone till I listened to them. From there I just kept growing in what I liked. I hate country, but I don't mind rap/rnb much.

For the last couple weeks my brother's been trying to get me to listen to Apocalyptica, but I wasn't too interested because metal isn't my fav. But once I listened to it I can't believe how beautiful and soothing it is! I just asumed it was metal because that's basically all he listens to.

Strider, can you suggect me some J-rock and J-pop? I love it but I have a hard time finding anything good.

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

Def Tech is really good if you like hip-hop and they don't sing about the usual girls and big cars like rappers in America. All their music has really positive messages like standing up for yourself and against injustice and comraderie and all that.

Orange Range is another personal favorite of mine. I haven't stopped listening to their latest album, NATURAL, since it came out.

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

Nice GRX ;)

When I was a kid I listened to top 40. Pretty scary since that was the 80's.

Eventually I fell in love with guitar- thanx Eddie Van Halen X'D - and the tunes I listened to became primaraly metal, then grunge and I've always listened to hippie music :meh:

I listen to a lot more jazz/funk/blues these days. The Cowboy Bebop OST's are good for that ;)

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Ghost in the Shell has got to have some of the best OSTs I've ever heard. Some of my friends like Death Metal, I don't think I've ever heard any though. I wouldn't mind hearing a couple of songs.

yesh Lady, cowboy bebop is very good for that. i have a lot of cowboy bebop songs on my mp3 player. that and a lot of j-rock, anime theme songs (youre not the only one GRX :P), then of course, my underground, rock, metal, and a fair amout of ska =^_^=

I used to listen to rock pretty much exclusively, and Linkin Park was as soft as I would go. These days I listen to a lot of different artists in different genres, but indie makes up the biggest share.

elephantConnection400.jpg

yesh =^_^= theres the oldies like The Toasters - 2 tone army and then theres bands like

Big D and The Kids Table

Streelight Manifesto

Reel Big Fish

Sublime

The Aquabats

im sure there are plenty more ska bands that are good that i havent heard yet, but then again i just recently got into it. its very good =^_^= i recomend streetlight manifesto especially

I've grown up listening to the tunes my parents liked like Pink Floyd, Led Zep, 70s Disco, early 80's Pop and so on, and I love it even today, haven't changed in that area.

With classic rock as a base, it grew into liking metal. Bands I did't like in the various sub-genres I still don't like. Musically it grew from old school deathmetal / thrash to liking even quality blackmetal / viking / doom metal artists. If it's one genre I hate, it's powermetal. Somehow I'm really bad with my music collection and only pick up 7-8/10 cds :P ... no room for nonsense ! And now, since the past 2 years I've begun liking anime music as well. I'm also partial to the occasional Robert Miles or Enya.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.