Ladywriter

Whalers ram The Arctic Sunrise

It's not easy being green, nor is it always safe.

In January the Greenpeace ship The Arctic Sunrise was rammed by the Nisshin Maru, the factory ship of the Japanese whaling fleet.

http://oceans.greenpeace.org/en/photo-audio-video/videos/whalers-ram-greenpeace-ship

Don't know who will remember The Rainbow Warrior, I have some memory of the ship. It was sabotaged and sunk 7/10/85 by the French secret service. Photographer Fernando Pereira drowned trying to retrieve his equipment.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Now that is some serious bullshit. That whaling ship can loose it's licence to sail if anyone was seriously hurt. I hope that they get every penalty they have coming to them. Bastards...

I mean, I can kinda understand the whalers being angry at the Sunrise, but it's not like they couldn't go around. Why have to deal with all of the legialities, processes, and everything else that comes with the ramming? Even if it was just one person seriously injured, they could loose their licence to operate, and not just the pilot, but every man(or woman) on the Nisshin Maru! How stupid can people get...

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

they want the Greenpeace ships at the bottom of the ocean. -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

But with Greenpeace being a world recognized group, they still have protection under the umbrella of laws arranged by and for peaceful activists. An action taken like this by those GP is protesting falls under descrimination, assault with a deadly weapon, assault with intent to harm, meaningful destruction of property and more.

The Nisshin broke enough laws to put most of, if not all of, the entire crew in prison for some time, and the pilot and the Captian could end up with extended sentences if there were serious injuries.

Just because Greenpeace protests, doesn't mean that they are dangerous. Nor should it put bullseyes on their members. Big industry needs lear that if they don't listen to the people, when things do get changed by Greenpeace and like groups, it is just gonna be that much harder on them.

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

Don't know who will remember The Rainbow Warrior, I have some memory of the ship. It was sabotaged and sunk 7/10/85 by the French secret service. Photographer Fernando Pereira drowned trying to retrieve his equipment.

Indeed, This is the best image i found of it

http://www.greenpeace.org.ar/fotos/img/1211_gr.jpg

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Seeing as this happened in january and I didn't see any follow up articles about prosecution, it doesn't look like anyone was charged with anything? :look:

It was January '85 dear and hell yeah mutherfuckers got charged with shit. bitches went to jail for that shit.

Dx, crazy pic. Kind of sad and scary at the same time.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Its really a waste of a good boat, and on top of that its an economic disaster... the boat is now sunk in the harbor clogging a port's use.... they just hurt themselves... the French arent very smart then again.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

.. the French arent very smart then again.

:rotfl:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

It was January '85 dear and hell yeah mutherfuckers got charged with shit. bitches went to jail for that shit.

Dx, crazy pic. Kind of sad and scary at the same time.

the date in the link you posted said jan, 2006... I was talking about the boat that was scraped in the front.. O_O;

*fears the wrath of hippies*

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

the date in the link you posted said jan, 2006... I was talking about the boat that was scraped in the front.. O_O;

*fears the wrath of hippies*

You're takling about the Sunrise.

Us hippies - me and Dx- were discussing the RW from my first post:

:flames:

fear the hippies

:spiritguncensored.jpg

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers