Sign in to follow this  
dudeman

Encounters of the wild kind

Anyone here ever come across a wild animal in a place where it doesn't belong (like the city for instance)? I myself have had a racoon climb up a tree on my front lawn, seen about three deer come up my road and have seen on more then one occasion a bald eagle flying over my backyard.

I've seen deer up by Syracuse University, right in the city O_O I've seen some hanging out under billboards in Fairmount.

There was a possum (ugly scary freaky looking little bastards >.<) behind the grill one night a while back. It definatly freaked me out. Those critters can be vicious.

I'm not far from town but there's woods around me. There are woodpeckers, deer, wild turkey and my dog has killed off most of the groundhogs. She brought home a racoon once too. I almost had a stroke.

My da and I were driving down Gullt Rd a few winters ago and we saw a bear running up the hill on the other side of the swamp (less then 3 miles from my house)

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I live in a rural area, but we still get dear in the woodland next to us in the middle of town...possoms...foxes...feral dogs

everyday I wake to a better dream and every night I don't want to sleep for I don't want to leave that day dream

Well, my grandmas had a mountain lion come through her yard quite a few times, but she lives in the boonies so I don't think that really counts. <.< Other than that I haven't seen a whole lot of wild life in town.

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

i see a deer or two every now and then when im out walking around the trail and such. theres all sorts of stuff in my backyard though. possums (and i agree with lady, theyre creepy as hell >_<) some rabid racoons, bunnies (which mostly get killed by tishi), and there used to be a family of skunks that lived in the ivy in my backyard. also, all the dogs that get loose in town seem to like ending up in my backyard

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

years ago when I was a kid, I was playing in my aunt's backyard (huge 6 acre backyard which was mostly grass, hills and some trees, with a small wooded area at the property line.. I was playing closer to the house and heard a rustling behind me. I turned around and saw a brown bear's ass exiting the yard into the wooded area. O_O I remember freezing until it left, and then I ran in the house screaming! no one believed me.. but on the news that night a local bear escaped the zoo..

oh, and another time, I was driving down my own road during the thickest fog I'd ever seen and animals where everywhere. just driving down the road I had to stop the car because the following animals were crossing the road in front of me at random intervals: a snunk, a rabbit, 2 big ass frogs, 3 guys who looked lost (i sped up past them), and a turtle. I was just glad I didn't see a clown. O_O;

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

We had a few bear cubs and there moma in our yeard rolling around. I live in a small contyside area with not many buildings around. Its not often I get to see bear around the yeard though. Deer, moose, rabbit, fox, wood chucks, wolf I see alot though.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Sign in to follow this