Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Microsoft Word

I'm just going to assume that we all use word (We all do don't we?)

Has spell check made you a lazy bastard about correcting your spelling on your own? ^_^;

I will admit that yeah... I can be pretty lazy and just catch it all on the tail end when I hit that lil blue check mark to fix everything. :haha: In my own defense though I have had to add a huge amount of new words to the database. (I've actually had to make room in it once. I filled it O_O ) Slang words/curse words/common phrases in english, jap, a few in chineese Spanish and Italian. When I'm writing someone w/ a speach impetiment/heavy accent I type what I hear. Just about every word in english that ends with ing can/will end with in or in' when someone is speaking quickly or is in the habbit of ending their sentances abruptly. I have added names of ppl, places, attacks and jutsus and... you get the point.

If I had a dime for every time I clicked on Add to Dictionary I... :faint:

How about that "grammer" check?

I call someone bitch and it tries to tell me to use the plural bitches. :rolleyes: I will give the grammer engine credit for making me more appreciative and aware of the semi colon. It can do wonders for a run on sentance and is an effective, sometimes dramatic break in the line. O_O Minipulating puncuation can be fun. Whoda thunk it? :whip:

How do you like word and how demented have you made yours? ^_^;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I have turned off my spell checker, most of the new words I have put into mine are names. I like making up my own names, because I can make my own meanings for them. Of course writing fan fiction also means adding names and sometimes words to the database. I didn't realize that you could fill the word database.O_O

As for gammer check I had it on but I have gotten use to my common mistakes that it rarely gets used.:D

Offlate I've been carrying my work home, which means I have to use a lot of word to draft letters and what not to the United States Citizenship And Immigration for our clients' H1 visas, so anyway, the names of all these Chinese / Indian people or their Universities are so hard for Word to figure, I feel like it'll crash someday with the sorta databases I'm making for it ... Wieun, Xiueng, Xhanze, Ramaswamy, Avvarasala ... all surnames -_- and the names are worse :P ... apart from that, Word doesn't recognize couriered / couriering / couriers, but only courier >_>

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I find that I often add different Jap words that I use in my fanfics that word doesn't recognize. Sometimes I add French or Spanish to my spell check dictonary too because it gets annoying to see the red lines underneath the words... I use the grammar check but not that often... Most of the time I just go over it myself and see what looks the best to me...

Angel_Hiei.jpg

I see the rain and it doesn't make me sad. My heart is a black hole and no one can save me from it.

i use it all the time, and my name is uncommon so i even had to add that with in the dictionary. But the green and red under lines bug the hell out of me, esp when it says "fragmant (consider revising)" yeah i have gotten that one alot and ever time i press "ignore once" it comes up again pisses me off, but over all i think word is a good program.

BurnedblackandwhiteSnowAngel.jpg

I turn off Grammarcheck and Spellcheck. They make me dishonest with myself. If I can't spell a word I get out my thesaurus and find a better one. If I can't have one word sentences I'll throw my monitor out the window.

And my name has been added to the Spellcheck in case I forget, and all the characters of Gundam Wing were too at one point.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

I almost always catch typos, and am a stickler for spelling myself but I do admit that if I do make a mistake and miss it, and spellchecker doesn't catch it either, I don't bother to go across a second time.

Grammarcheck is an annoying ass though XD

"Sentence fragment!?"

botniksig9kz.jpg

Sign in to follow this