Sign in to follow this  
.InuYasha.

CD rom troubles

cause it hates you thats why...try cleaning the disk or the cd jsut doesnt work with that cdrom

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Use a lint free cloth and star from the center and whip away, then rotate the disk slightly and do it again and again. Don't whipe the cd on your pants or rub it on your shirt. And cleaning it like its an apple on the front of your shirt will only cause micro scratches that could further damage the disk.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Use a lint free cloth and star from the center and whip away, then rotate the disk slightly and do it again and again. Don't whipe the cd on your pants or rub it on your shirt. And cleaning it like its an apple on the front of your shirt will only cause micro scratches that could further damage the disk.

really? That's always worked for me. *shrugs* Maybe I have a magic shirt.

Anyways, you could always get one of those CD buffer things.

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

*bought one* That damn thing sucked ass. :\ It can take off small or micro scratches, but most visable scratches won't come out. A guy that sold them told me that every cd has 15 layers of coating seperating the outside of the disk from the actual material inside the cd. and he told me: "With enough buffs, this thing will remove entire layers off the cd to get rid of the scratch, but if you remove more than 3 layers of this coating you could permanently damage your disk." I dunno if that was all true or not, but yeah, I buffed the hell out of one disk to no avail and it won't even partially play in a cd player anymore. -_- And you have to keep the disk constantly moistened while doing it too. what a pain.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

*bought one* That damn thing sucked ass. :\ It can take off small or micro scratches, but most visable scratches won't come out. A guy that sold them told me that every cd has 15 layers of coating seperating the outside of the disk from the actual material inside the cd. and he told me: "With enough buffs, this thing will remove entire layers off the cd to get rid of the scratch, but if you remove more than 3 layers of this coating you could permanently damage your disk." I dunno if that was all true or not, but yeah, I buffed the hell out of one disk to no avail and it won't even partially play in a cd player anymore. -_- And you have to keep the disk constantly moistened while doing it too. what a pain.

Wanna see somthing cool? get an old cd that you dont need anymore then go outside. Oh dont forget some eye protection. Then put the eye protection on and grab the cd in bolth hands. Bend it away from you and watch all the layers and rainbow colored middle fly everywhere like ribbons in the air. ^_^; I did this in my house when I got mad. Makes a mess so maby its not such a cool thing to do outside :/

Also try placing a cd on a paper plate in your microwave for 13 seconds and watch the fireworks show.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

well thats a good way to fry a microwave now :-P

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

well thats a good way to fry a microwave now :-P

Dosnt hurt the microwave. Frys the cd. Just dont put it in longer then 15 seconds or else the cd melts and messes up your microwave pritty bad. Sometimes it catches on fire.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^