Saiel

Finding new artists

My friend told me about this site / thing last night, and I've been kinda hooked since. It's Pandora.com, and it's a music generator in which you tell it what song or artist you like, and after playing something by that artist, it will find other music you might like based on similarity. For instance, I put in The Postal Service, and it logically gave me a Flaming Lips song not long after. Even better, you can tell it if you like or don't like the song it picked, so it can begin to define your tastes and get even closer to just what you enjoy--so hopefully eventually it'll be introducing you to all-new music and artists that you'll end up loving. It tells you what the songs you like include, (it'll say, "Finding songs with major tonality, mild vocal chords..." etc). It's really interesting. I recommend anyone who likes finding new artists to check it out. :)

Tellah2.jpg

This's really good. I did a search on similar artists for Diana Krall, Louis Armstrong, Belinda Carlisle, etc etc ... I don't think they're good for metal acts although, but very very interesting website none the less. Good find Saiel.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Well dunno if these guys are new or not but you could check out placebo...they are pretty cool..kinda weird

Goutmister:The world is such a cold place... how am i supposed to live on my own and become someone?

Neo: You have already become someone... someone with a heart colder than any one who you come across...just live your fullest and hate only those who oppose you..love who you can.

Did you even read my post?

yea... sorry i think i misunderstood... >_> i shall leave now

Goutmister:The world is such a cold place... how am i supposed to live on my own and become someone?

Neo: You have already become someone... someone with a heart colder than any one who you come across...just live your fullest and hate only those who oppose you..love who you can.

Hmm, interesting...I might want to check this out. I am getting a little tired of listening to DJ Encore over and over again.

Well, it's only been an hour and I love it. It's the perfect drum and bass radio station.

flcloa0.jpg

Fooly Cooly is when you do this with your hands...:la:

Wow...I put in Nirvana and it brought up a lot of good bands like Nickleback, Lacuna Coil, Devil Driver, and a group named Demon Hunter. The last one I have never heard of before, but I'm really liking them.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

Hey, that's pretty awesome. My taste in music has shifted pretty dramatically in the past year, so I've been having a hard time finding new artists I'm into. Hopefully this will speed up the process.

elephantConnection400.jpg