Sign in to follow this  
Fedic

The future of BSG

I was chatting with a fellow DT junkie about some different shows the other night and both Lost and BSG came up. We are both sick of the plot on Lost crawling uphill at the speed of molases in January -_-;. At the rate their going we'll never see a monster or a rescue because the show will be canceled before it gets revealed. It's almost not even worth watching, it's easy enough to look up the episode the next day. We talked about the whole 'wagon training' thing, personally I think they're already doing that. When the series premired I was thinking it was only going to be one or two seasons (that was the original plan wasn't it? :wtf: ) You can take 2 seasons and make them 4 or 5 (or more -_-; ) by throwing in a lot of filler ie all the backstory filling up the eps. Lost would be closer to done without so much character back story, but god forbid you kill a cash cow.

At least until the rateings slip :rolleyes:

The conversation took a turn for the better when we started talking BSG.

A dieing leader will take them to earth. Laura is running out of time fast. It went from her having months to live to just weeks. So either they're going to have to find earth fast or she is going to have to find a way to prolong her life right? I can see her passing the torch off to the old man, but I can't see Guias becoming president. Dealing with Pegasus I wouldnt be suprised if Adama declared martial law putting himself in charge, I don't think Laura cares much for Admiral Cain either. The Pegasus is fucked up. They could definatly do several episodes surrounding an encounter between the two battlestars. It's possible that some of the civillan ships, like the Astral Queen, would side with Pegasus. Adama is not going to leave Helo and the Chief to be executed. It's more then that they are his men, he needs these people alive for the survival of the fleet. Laura will agree. They need their pilots and they need the chief bad. Guias and the cylon are still on Pegasus too, I think he will want to get back to Galactica and the fleet, probably with the cylon.

The show is able to take a day in the life and turn it into an episode, sometimes two. They could finish the second season with Laura still alive, but I doubt she could live through season 3 without some new treatment.

When my letter reaches you, please don't break the seal
Just wait a little while, give it time to heal
And I belive you'll understand that this is my last and most loving request

The map of the constellations in (was it Athena's chamber?) told them where to look for earth so in that respect Laura has pointed them to earth at least. It will be sad when she dies, I think she will. It was so emotional when they showed her that they had named the new blackbird Laura right after the doc dropped the bomb on her that she was almost out of time. (I choked up). Perhaps Laura will be the actual craft that spots earth, it would be poetic and this show is. I do belive Starbuck is out and about in the Laura right now. I think she and Lee are definatly up to something. I'm not sure if it's about cylons the Pegasus or earth, but neither of them will stay as crew aboard Pegasus. They will mutiny in a heartbeat. They will either help with the assult on Pegasus or just return to Galactica on their own. I get the feeling Lee is about to jump the dude he's flying with. I'm not sure if Adama or Laura or someone else put them up to this, but they seem to be working on the same level.

I can see several new episodes surrounding the conflict between the battlestars. Adama is not going to let his men be killed, his marines will have orders shoot to kill. The Pegasus is a military ship, it's not as if he's going to shoot unarmed civilians. There will be some fighting aboard Pegasus I have no doubt :P Within an episode or two they will bust Helo and the chief out. Wouldn't it be a hoot if Guias ordered Adama's marines to help him and the cylon escape back to Galactica too; he is the VP they would have to listen to him. Tai wouldn't like it much but I don't think Adama sees the busted cylon as much of a threat.

If the conflict is dragged on I can see it jepordizing the security and continuity of the fleet. Zarek could see this as an oppertunity to try to overthrow/defect from Roslin's regime sideing with the Pegasus and taking as many ships with him as he can. Martial law would probably be imposed by one or both battlestars. Laura isn't going to take this crap sitting down though. Cain wont even return her calls, she is completely disreguarding the political structure of the colonists. In a way Cain already lives under martial law. And she is a fucking tyrant. I am sure that there are members of her crew that would like to see her out of the captain's seat. There could be enough of them for them to stage a rebellion aboard Pegasus with troops from Galactica backing them up. Perhap's we'll have the first civil war of the new colonies.

The cylons are still out there too. A basestar is out there. Pegasus has been fighting with them. (Real smart) Their raids could give away the position of the entire fleet. Then on top of everything else going on within the fleet they would have to jump away from the cylons. Who would jump where neh?

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this