Ladywriter

Stephen King-dom

never read s,king before

looking forward to the book

Currently reading a book called Blood Ninja, but still waiting for the postman to arrive with my new book ^^ ;p

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

in case ya wanted some kind of order to the chaos....

The Path of the Beam

Stephen King reads for Tower Junkies in order w notes when needed

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Yep. All those books are somehow connected to the dark tower series, especially Insomnia, Hearts in Atlantis and Salems lot. Those three books are directly connected to the series.

btw Kite, pretty much all of Stephen King's books except for maybe 1 or 2 take place in the same Stephen King world. Think of the star wars novels timeline, just like that, anything that takes place in that timeline is now part of that history. All the stephen king books take place in different times or locations (mostly in or near the state of Maine) but any of them could be referenced to in any other book. Same with characters. One character could be in multiple books or even be referenced or show up in a minor role as a cameo. Its interesting, because unlike long running series of books like the star wars novels where everything is connected, all of the stephen king books are individual books with their own plots but all these different references or connections or cameos are like easter eggs in every book. The more books you read the more connections you see. Its funny because there are websites that go into detail about all the cross references between all the different books. And the dark tower series has the most connections to all his other books.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

That directive is what made the final seasons of The X-Files so ignominious. There was no real closure (as opposed to The Fugitive, for example, when Dr. Richard Kimble finally caught up with the one-armed man in the show's superb two-part conclusion); minus the continuing presence of David Duchovny, X-Files blundered off into a swamp of black oil, and in that swamp it died. I could have throttled the executives at Fox for doing that, and Chris Carter for letting it happen. If J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof, and their band of co-conspirators allow something similar to happen with Lost, I'm going to be even more pissed, because this show is better. Memo to Abrams and staff writers: Your responsibilities include knowing when to write The End.

*updates old Stephen King topic*

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2013/02/01/stephen-king-the-shining-doctor-sleep-preview/

A man never outlives his father.

That’s a line from William Faulkner, but it applies in earnest to Danny Torrance, the psychic little boy from Stephen King’s The Shining.

King is revisiting the now middle-aged Dan Torrance in the sequel Doctor Sleep (out Sept. 24) which finds him working at a hospice, where he uses his innate supernatural powers to ease the suffering of the dying. Dan may have survived his old man’s madness (and swinging mallet) in the hallways of that long-ago snowbound hotel, but he has grown up to realize that not all demons can be escaped. Some are a part of you.

In a wide-ranging interview with Entertainment Weekly, King reveals the origin story behind Doctor Sleep, talks about the fatherhood fears buried in The Shining, and speculates about what could become of his stories when he’s long, long gone …

Click the link to read the interview with Stephen King about his new "The Shining" sequel.

I've read just a bout all of SK's books. But I lost interest in his work after he finally finished the Dark Tower series. But a sequel to "The Shining" sounds like a book that will hold my interest.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg