dudeman

Rufi not luffy

his name is Luffy

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Yep.

Monkey D. Luffy

Whoever translated it was probably someone in hong kong who just skimmed thru it and translated the sound into standard L = R conversion with an emphasis on the E sound at the end. hence, Ruffie.. which is way off considering it was spelled in english in the show itself. (see attached screenshots, unedited, hence Marines instead of Navy)

post-1-135551581422_thumb.jpg

post-1-135551581426_thumb.jpg

post-1-13555158143_thumb.jpg

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I've seen it Ruffi on some spanish speaking sites. :look:

Must be a translation thing.

When my letter reaches you, please don't break the seal
Just wait a little while, give it time to heal
And I belive you'll understand that this is my last and most loving request

I've seen it Ruffi on some spanish speaking sites. :look:

Must be a translation thing.

Yeah, sometimes amateur translators just listen to the anime and write down the names phonetically how they think they are spelled.

kurozakuro-v01-ch03-0851.png

I sit here on my shelf, Just talking to myself.

Could be a dialect thing too. R's are pretty dominate in espanol :P

When my letter reaches you, please don't break the seal
Just wait a little while, give it time to heal
And I belive you'll understand that this is my last and most loving request

Ok so I've been reading manga scans on this cool site and in the series they call luffy rufi I'm wondering if this is true and 4 kiddies changed another name with and R in it to an L.

Not too sure, i havent read the manga yet. The anime series is getting prety good and i like it. But yea i have no clue about the whole name thing...sounds kinda weird^_^;

Goutmister:The world is such a cold place... how am i supposed to live on my own and become someone?

Neo: You have already become someone... someone with a heart colder than any one who you come across...just live your fullest and hate only those who oppose you..love who you can.

Yo sorry to revive this but its lufy I have the Japanese version of battle stadium DON and for Luffy it is spell and says Luffy like how you spel it.

And for Zorro is says Zorro and is Spelled Zorro.

ANd anouther name that is always argues is Friza and its Friza not Frezzer.(Frezzer is if they translated it to english CAn some american fans be so stupid not to realze that one)