Hey now Sledge, no drooling over the cat girls (even if they are extremely hot). Lady might get jealous.

Theres a few eps in the series that don't have fights but the best fights in the series don't take place till toward the end (especially those last few bouts with Dilandau and the emergence of Black Escaflowne).

Dangit, all this talk is making me want to watch the series again. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend if Anime Club business doesn't keep me busy.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I have the entire series subbed on VHS. It's rather good when it's not butchered. The movie didn't impress me all that much. Escaflowne is a very special series to me because Hitomi reads tarot and douses with a pendulum just as I do. This series is among the largest contributors to my enthusiasm regarding my tarot skills. I probably wouldn't have explored the art at such a young age without that series giving me the inspirational spur I needed.

dragon.jpg

"A dabbler walks the path to pick up the fruit upon it. A Pagan walks the path to see where it goes." ~Tanoro Lockheart

Dilandau's dog pal's name is Jajuka ^_^

Just finished watching the entire series and it was 'wow'. It didn't impress me that much at the start, but the build-up was superb, music - amazing and with a few surprises thrown in it was a winner for me. Good closure to the series ...

I loved the last battle between Alan and Van, great flow with both guyamelf cloaks moving in slow motion kinda gave me goosebumps hehe ... ofcourse Folken was the perfect brother in character like Sesshomaru or Vegeta, unsung in a way ... new concept - 'Fate Alteration' ... hah and whenever Alan entered battle, he'd fall down in that pose with his sword straight, looked kickass

... and what was interesting was that I feel like asking for more, like I did for Full Metal Alchemist.

Any idea where I can pick up the soundtrack and the series ? ^_^

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

If you want them legally well theres plenty of online stores that sell them. If I'm not mistaken animecornerstore.com carries them as probably most other anime oriented shopping sites.

Now illegally is different however I won't be posting such information (pm me if you want the sites)

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

7 $ on the first item with the minimum weight sorta makes me wonder, for the box set it'll multiple almost threefold and / or more even, which's gonna make it really expensive, unaffordable. Earning in rupees is the doom for me. Anime is this expensive always ? I mean, there's FB that's for 90 $ >_< and surprisingly Advent is going for half the price of the entire series of Escaflowne.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

the price for that escaflowne set is actually cheap compared to traditional boxsets. i remember fushigi yugi season 1 and 2 costed $200 a piece. x_x; and all the inuyasha dvds are rediculous. $25 a disk = 3 episodes. 167 episodes = 55 disks = $1,375.00 = fuck that.

and thats why they sell stuff like this:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/yRpcWRDTNkm63T6r3T/browse/item/62592/4/0/0

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Ohhhh man, the box set's really within my reach, but the shipping's a worry >_> ... but the soundtrack's over 30 bucks haha. dang ! that's expensive, Sledge and I'm considering getting that wallet X'D