some like it subbed, some like it dubbed. me, I like a little of both. there are definatly some shows/characters where I prefer their J voice actors.

few examples:

Gourry from Slayers. his eng va was okay as a normal conversation voice, but when it came to dramatic scenes the english va just sucked at it. -_-;

the english va's for the Shichinintai (Band of 7) just totaly suck. its like they didnt even try to find a decent match -_-; dont even tell me there's no english va capeable of sounding like a serious queen. Jakotsu and Bankotsu are all screwed up -_-;

I abosutely love Ed Elrich Jvoice. Al is good in either language, but the way Ed gasps and reacts to things in J is just so awsome.

I only watch Gundam Wing in english and I hate Goku's Jvoice it splits my ears >.<

Sometimes the voice adds an extra dimension to a character. when the voice gets fucked up it takes something away from the character- usually at a critical moment when extremely dramatic reactions are called for.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I like dubbed English voices. I hate having to read the captions for the other languages. I don't really hate any of the English VA's. The Japanese my be the original, but it sounds too weird for me. But I like Destiny's Japanese voices.

I tend to watch both. I watch english with my children, they really can not read that fast for sub titles, and then after they go to bed I tend to watch them in japanese. Although for my husband he gets set by the first time he watches the anime. So if I were to rent, or purchase, Saiyuki he would only find the Japanese sounds right to him but for Inu Yasha he has only seen it in English so that is what is going to sound better to him. For me, when I think about the series, I will pick and chose the voice that sounds right to me, in some cases both sound really good and there really isn;t a difference in my mind.

I am too lazy to read subtitles. I rather watch whats going on. Dubs are getting better these days.

GW's was pretty good

s.CRY.ed is one of the better ones

I dont see anything wrong with Paranoia Agents

They probably could have touched up in a lot of places in Inuyasha, even Inuyasha himself but then again I like the grunts and sounds he makes when he gets hurt from SIT X'D

granted I've never seen the subbed, I really dont care.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

DBZ's Goku J-voice is horrible, while Krillin's english voice (first couple seasons) was truely amazing. X'D

i prefer subs mostly because of the vocal reactions. even tho i don't understand the language their speaking, i can pick up the j-voice actor's reactions and emotions alot better than most english va's. now don't get me wrong that english va's suck or anything, the main reason their almost always off is because of the tranlation bridge. they have to add or take away words or even change entire sentances to get the word/lip movement timed right. so yeah.. in most cases i feel the english VAs could do alot better if someone more competent was translating and timing the dialouge.

if you take into consideration what i just said, i prefer sub over dub more because after watching different series in both formats, i can highly associate dub with "edited"

As for Slayers, Gourry's english VA just plain sucked. how can you screw up screaming a name? easily done for gourry. LINAAAAAAA! :rolleyes:

Decent dubs for me include: Gundam Wing, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fushigi Yugi, Outlaw Star, Full Metal Panic.

Horrible dubs for me include: Slayers (even the music sounded screwed up sometimes), One Piece is way off but still funny, InuYasha is starting to fall into this category. i'm sure i have more, but i can't think of them all right now.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

i like dubbed better its hard for me to read and watch the show at the same time but i watched season 1 of fullmetal alchemist dubbed but the second season in subbed and they both were great one of the worst dubbed i think is final fantasy unlimited good anime really bad dub

:bat: BREEZE316

In order to gain something, an equivalent price must be paid.:battle:

Personaly, I prefer dubbed for the most part. There are exceptions however. The raping of Sonic X by 4 kids comes to mind. Basicly, I prefer dubed over subtitled because with dubed, I don't have to concentrate on reading the words at the bottom of the screen and miss what's happening on the rest of the screen. If I wanted to read, I'd get the manga. The only time I don't like dubed is when it's "made for American TV". So basicly, anything on the Fox Box. God, can'T americans make there own god aweful Sat AM cartoon and not have to butcher otherwise very good animes with there stupid referenses to Americanism?

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

I don't know how you can find FMP!'s dub decent there Sledge. I find it horribly atrocious then again thats because I saw the sub first. That and I can't stand Kaname or Sousuke's English VA's.

its because i watched the dub first. X'D i swear if you watch something in english before the sub, you'll associate the voice with the face. and i dunno why, but i love kaname's english voice! :redface:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I don't really see enough subbed to make a judgment, but I really love how the Chinese bootlegged dubbing goes... Instead of turning off the sound, the actors just SCREAM in Chinese over the English. It's amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Just so you know "Anyone who tries to thwart love will hear the stomping of HOOves and cries of revenge."

I was going to say something... I swear....

What type of flowers are between your nose and your chin?

Two Lips!!

I don't really see enough subbed to make a judgment, but I really love how the Chinese bootlegged dubbing goes... Instead of turning off the sound, the actors just SCREAM in Chinese over the English. It's amazing. Absolutely amazing.

You get what you paid for. :P

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

I prefer the English voice actors of Inu Yasha than the original version. But sometimes, you kinda can't help but fall in love with the Jap voices, like Chi's voice in Chobits or Orochimaru's voice in Naruto is to die for. Basically, what you hear first is what you're partial to, this synopsis could vary from person to person hehe ^_^

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

its because i watched the dub first. X'D i swear if you watch something in english before the sub, you'll associate the voice with the face. and i dunno why, but i love kaname's english voice! :redface:

I know what thats like. I can't watch Nadesico in anything but English for some reason (Yurika's Jap VA annoys me to no end). Same goes for Eva too, I can't watch it subbed for some reason (saw it in English first).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

It is funny because In Dubbed salior moon one half of the senshi's voices are annoying and the other half are bareable, while in the subbed, the other half is annoying and the half that use to be are the ones that are bareable. X'D Sadly the dub is terribly butcherd, especialy the 1st season, they like even combine 2 episodes together 0_o. But the winner for most annoying dub.. possibly ever is Chibi-usa (Mini-moon) dubbed X_X

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!