Sign in to follow this  
Akira13

Grave Of The Fireflies

Only movie that succeeded in making me cry. Ever. It's an anime film about a 12 year old japanese boy and his 4 year old sister trying to survive in the late days of World War 2. Excellent excellent EXCELLENT. I've never seen such haunting animation quality. Everyone needs to see this film.

yeah made me and my lil bro cry way back when we first saw it on VHS

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

i saw it few days ago. missed about good 10 mins of beginning though. :doh:

argg..what the hell was wrong with that aunt?? pissed the hell outta me. :x

also bothered me was the farmer told him to "swallow up your pride" and go back to aunt and apologize. maybe because he may have been right..

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

That one made me bawl :(

soukenmaru.jpg

...Soukenmaru turned his head and flashed a quick smile. He looks just like his father now. Someone could have taken a painting of my Lord, covered up his stripes and painted dog ears atop his head, and they would have my son...

From my fic, The Last Day.

Oh my god. I just saw this movie.

I really didn't know what it was all about and I found it on "on demand" and I thought "ahh, a nice little anime before bed" and by the time it was over I wasn't sure if I should have watched it in the first place. It's a good movie and all that, but its so freaking sad. I didn't cry, but from when we saw the mom in the hospital, I had to hold the tears in for the rest of the movie.

Crazy, sad stuff.

kurozakuro-v01-ch03-0851.png

I sit here on my shelf, Just talking to myself.