Sledgstone

4kids editing

wow.. now that i've gotten my hands on some fansubs, i have got to say.. "f*ck you, 4kids" the amount of editing done is highly obvious starting even at episode 1. the sound tracks are completely different and that by itself gives the edited version the completely wrong feel. the character's lines are wrong too.. in the fansubs, watching luffy say things like.. "..and for that, I'm going to kick your ass!" just makes you enjoy it more. and the thing that gets me is this.. if they edited just the fight scenes, i could understand that, but they edited EVERYTHING. and thats messed up. edited animation, simple conversations, and lack of scenes in the edited version makes this show a mockery of the true glory of One Piece. I'll still watch the edited episodes on saturday mornings and nights for a laugh but in all seriousness, the unedited version of this show is amazing. the animation, soundtrack, scenes, character interactions and plot.. this is a masterpiece. :D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

IT'S ZORO!!!

GRRRRRAAAAAHHHH!!!

I SHALL DESTROY 4KIDS!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

Took you long enough Sledge :-p

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

the 4kids theme song for one piece is hilarious, but yeah, it has nothing in common with the actual theme from the show. and the opening scene that goes with the theme was completely chopped up too to go with the 4kids rap.

Lol 4kids loves rap... Pokerap anyone ^_^;

*sniff* damn you!!! you frickin 4kids

*unseths kantana* THATS IT BRING IT ON THIS IS THE LAST TIME THEY RUIN A GOOD MANGA!! TWO OF MY FAVS HAVE BEEN HUMILIATED AND I SHALL NOT STAND FOR THIS ANY LONGER!! *firey eyes*

NOTHING SHALL STOP MY QUEST!!!oh look a birdie!

*marches to office and demands proper anime!!!*

When it comes to words that have an "L" sound or an "R" the only way to be sure is to see how the Japanse right in English, forgot the term. When they say the words the L and the R take a similar sound. I have seen where people make the same comment about Lina Inverse, they say it's Rina. But seeing as how it is seen written in the anime, unedited, then it is a safe bet that it is Zoro.

I must be really tired.:sleep: That made almost no sense.

actually, i made sense of that, its just worded weird O.o but ya....4kids......ooo and funimation.....the booth is going down. *already has zippos and axe packed away in suitcase* ill be Lina Inverse (should've thought of that costume to begin with) FIRE BALL!!!

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

In the anime, his name is clearly written out in english Roronoa Zoro right? I guess the changed it in the 4kids version so that they wouldn't get it mixed up with Zorro (that guy in the black cape that carves Z's everywhere)

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

Zoro is definitely spelled Zoro in the anime (as per my sig) and Luffy is spelled Luffy on the wanted posters. the translators need to get their stuff together.. this reminds me of inuyasha.. in the english dub, Kirara is Kilala and in one episode they come across another cat demon that looks just like her.. amazingly enough, this new cat's name is Kiroro in english.. you'd think if they were going to translate R's into L's they'd at least stick to it.

Damn, your new sig is awsome Sledge!

thanks eva and kuwabara! :happy: i took a bunch of screenshots from movie 5 and pieced all the images together. ^_^

Yah Your sig rocks.

Also its Zolo in English and Zoro in Jap all anime converted in english is l rather than r.

Like Krirren=Krillen Kirra=Killa And such and Zolo sounds better.

ok im gonna just put this bluntly...are you an idiot...there is NO REASON to change a name that is CLEARLY SPELLED OUT in english in the ORIGINAL japanese copy for any reason WHATSOEVER.

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

just finished watching all the arlong park battles.. the editing job they did on that was worse than i thought.. i think a 1/4 of luffy's fight was omitted.

HOLY SHIT! nami stabbed her arlong tatoo repeatedly out of rage! her arm was all bloodied up and luffy had to grab her arm..

O_O

i suppose i should actually rename this topic from 4kids editing to Toei editing seeing as how the edited dvds coming out actually have toei's name all over them. i thought 4kids had the full license, but for some reason toei must have had it first and made the edited version.. but if thats the case, then what the hell is up with the edited version only dvd crap? i was under the impression 4kids was releasing all their properties in a unedited version like funi did with yu yu hakusho.. but if toei is releasing the dvds instead, then i suppose unedited one piece dvds will never come out. :keh:

*is happy we finally get to watch the real show instead of the edited shit fest* mmm hmmm

*runs off to smoke with Sanji* :love:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

bah jsut buy the HKs :-P like me i have up to like ep 206 i think

eppyomega.png