Sabe

A Quick question

I'm working on a new story that's a tad out of my usual action/adventure vein, but have come to a small snag. I need to find out what the name of the festival is where the Japanese honor the dead. I've looked around, but I can't find it. I'd like the name written in Japanese(wording not Kanji or anything), and the translation if anyone can find it...Thanks to the one that does!

(BTW, look for more questions to pop up in here as I'm writing the stroy!;) If anyone wants a preivew of what it is about, just ask!)

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

The Japanese celebrate the "Obon Festival" (also known as "Matsuri" or "Urabon") which is similar to Halloween festivities in that it is dedicated to the spirits of ancestors. Special foods are prepared and bright red lanterns are hung everywhere. Candles are lit and placed into lanterns which are then set afloat on rivers and seas. During the "Obon Festival," a fire is lit every night in order to show the ancestors where their families might be found. "Obon" is one of the wo main occasions during the Japanese year when the dead are believed to return to their birthplaces. Memorial stones are cleaned and community dances performed. The "Obon Festival" takes place during July or August.

I googled it thats the closest thing i found, dont know if it is right

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

That is what I'm looking for! Thank you soooooooo much! You have no idea how much this helps. I've been stuck since I realised that this was the only infor that I didn't have...-_-; WOOHOO! Back to writing!

*huggles DX*...-_-; We'll keep that between us...

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

Don't worry, I'll prob'ly post it when it's done...Since the last time I posted a story as I went, I lost the story's feel, and it remains unfinished.^_^; I'll be sure to post it though, so everyone can enjoy it.

Not to reveal too much, the story is about a Spirit Hunter...Kinda like Yusuke, but in his own fashion. The idea came to me when I was reading a Stephen King book and then again, more strongly, tonight as I was listening to music.

I'm hoping that the fear that this story raises for me(those that know me a little better might know why) is felt by the readers. This is really, my first horror story.

Just a peice of friendly advice to all the resident writers: If you are writing a horror story, and you live in a slightly drafty home, that tends to creak a lot, or make other odd sounds--don't.

I've got myself jumping at regular intervals because of all the lore that I've had to research for this story. I've got myself so psyched out right now, if someone was to knock on the door, I'd prob'ly die right here at the computer...-_-; Ugh, I think that it's time to stop for the night...

Thanks, Kuwabara. I can thank HC18 and Cammy for the great job on them.

*dies with a scream of pure, bloody terror*

That's not very nice...

Why not? All a good horror story is, is the things that frighten you, or have frightened you, in a written down, mentally physical form. If there is anything that you are afraid of, you can write a horror story, you just have to permit your mind to dreadge up the emotions and thoughts that ran through you at the time.

Tell ya' the truth, I've nearly scared the crap out of myself about 50 times in the past 20 minutes alone. I'm not gonna be able to read this story for a few days after I finish it...(Thanks for the cookie, btw...^_^)

No worries. I have never written horror. The fight scene in my fanfic on the site here is the first one I've ever written. I don't know that it's all that good but oh well. You're probably right. I might have to give it a go when I'm done the 3 stories I'm working on right now.

narakusigcopy.jpg

tasha.jpg

O_O Good luck with that...I hope that they all turn out like you are hoping!

Good! To take yor phrase, from one writer to another...I wouldn't mind reading what you have written. ^_^ I always look forward to the writings of others, I like to think that it gives me reason to write for myself, and the enjoyment of it.

Try taking another look at it. You may find that it, and the others it's with, may have a new spark that you may be able to work with. Just give it another go, you may be pleasently suprised by the results...

It never hurts. This one is one that started as a comedy about 5 years ago. All I kept was the characters and setting, that's it. You'd be amazed what dead time can do for a story...

The best thing I can really say is to look at 'em from a new light, and not from their original idea. It may turn out that the story has the potential that you think it does, just not in they way you thought at first...Give it a go, 'cause you never know!;)