The Samurai Champloo got me thinking of another samurai anime that I liked. But I have never heard anything about it. Has anyone seen it? I've seen at least 8 episodes (in Japanese). I think it came out on DVD a while back.

Heres a plot of how it goes:

The village of Kanna is a nice rice village with a problem. Every year during harvest time huge mechanical robots, known as the Bandits, come and steal away almost all of the rice that had been harvested that year. Not only that, the Bandits are becoming more demanding, now taking women and children in addition to rice. The elder of Kanna has declared that to protect the village they must hire samurai. However, they have no money and thus must find samurai willing to protect the village for the price of all the rice that he/she can eat. He sends three members of the village out to the city to begin looking. And thus the journey begins.

It has some good cuting up action in it too. :D

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1410,sazgub,samurai_7.html

its a very good series....then ending makes you cry though cause of how bittersweet it is

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Did you guys download them? Where can you find some of the DVD's? I had to download some of them from the internet.

*Nevermind*

I'm extremely sorry about double posting and if you give me some bad rep, I'm okay with it. I'm extremely sorry to you Sabe. I just wanted to say that Samurai 7 will be coming out in August 2005 in America. I just wanted to tell anyone who cares.spank2.gif

*revives 1 year old topic*

I finished watching Samurai 7 yesterday. It was a good series and highly enjoyable, but the end was too sad..

and wtf!? Kirara was in love with Kambei!? bullshit! :x the show had a hidden love quality between her and Katsushiro.. but in the end she had no feelings for him whatsoever, this dissapointed and annoyed me. and I'm glad nobody stayed in the village with her.

Kikuchiyo! :( he was my favorite character.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

now you gotta watch the original :-P i think the orig movie is on box also

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

yeah the original work was made back in...1955 i think?

eppyomega.png

*cough*

Off Topic:

Stephen King's fifth book in The Dark Tower cycle -- the first of the final three he wrote back-to-back -- is as strange, powerfully written and utterly weird as it predecessors, but foremost, it is King's tribute to the great action films and cultural archetypes that descended from Kurosawa's magnum opus (in turn inspired by John Ford's film epics and other great westerns of vintage Hollywood cinema). Like Kurosawa's tale, King's is principally a story about talented killers summoned to aid a beleaguered village, to protect its villagers from banditry. In Kurosawa's tale, the bandits came for rice; in King's, they come for children.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

yeah Kurosawa was a HUGE influence to many....he was a master

eppyomega.png

*revives 1 year old topic*

and wtf!? Kirara was in love with Kambei!? bullshit! :x the show had a hidden love quality between her and Katsushiro.. but in the end she had no feelings for him whatsoever, this dissapointed and annoyed me. and I'm glad nobody stayed in the village with her.

Kikuchiyo! :( he was my favorite character.

* Revives topic again :) *

To be honest the whole concept of robots and Samurai didn't set well with me so I held off on watching this anime till this week. It was definitely better then I had expected but it still doesn't match the movie that was made.

The ending sucked in my opinion. I was not sad or amazingly heart moved, it was just straight to the point. People died and people lived, the village continued to function as it did before and a few people where reunited with past friends and family.

As soon as we find out Kirara likes Kambei it definitely pissed me off. I don't understand did she like Katsushiro first and then end up liking Kambei later because thats how it seems. Her little glass pendent goes crazy when shes with Katsushiro and he kisses her but then starts doing that with Kambei so it shows their could have been some feelings for both. In my opinion I think she liked Katsushiro at the very start but when she started seeing him turn into a blood war thirsty monster her heart started to waver since Kambei was a relaxed samurai that just wanted to live.

In any case I'm definitely happy no one stuck around in the village. That would have made me pissed if Kambei decided to be Kirara's husband and a farmer. Also it sucks peon died! He was the life of the party.

PS. I agree Kyuzo was the man. I want swords like his. Also did it seem like Kambei has a crush on Kyuzo?

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^