Ladywriter

garden outta control

Keh! hes just lucky i let him have plants out there. Its not like he did any of the work to make the beds or weed or....

*sigh*

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

he actually did the planting... thats about it ^_^;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

ok here we go. I posted pics of the begining so here's the end :P

Walking out to the garden yesterday

walkingout.jpg

The gardeners entrance.

gardenersentrance.jpg

As you can see the Rubarb got huge. so did the yellow icecycle snapdragons and the brown eye susan did excellent. The pussywillow tree is doing very well too.

CLanterns.jpg

It was a rock garden in the spring, to the left of the gardeners entrance. I moved 3 chineese lantern plants out there and they did awsome. You can also see the andromeda and more snappers

the "new bed"

sidelong.jpg

I started this bed this spring. The butterfly bush was a twig when I planted it :P

s/w side of the whale

pepperbed1.jpg

the nastursium took over everything

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I didn't forget the bed from last year

oldbed.jpg

Sledgers in the garden :P

sw.jpg

I think my camera is dieing

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The garden looks so lovely ... it's the perfect spot to just sit down in the mornings and/or to just be with yourself, some place quiet ^_^ ... great job Lady ! Say, that looks like a Sledge plushie ^_^ *waves out to Sledge*

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

That's so much better looking now ... more alive and a healthier green ne ? Say, what's the plant with the red huge flowers ? Have any christmas tree in the backyard (looks at the outlining tall trees) ... those trees are so big n tall 0_o

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

sledge plushies are on sale! only $19.99. ^_^

Fine Print:

(sledge plushie might look like inuyasha plushie with hair cut off, tetsusagia not included)

Sheesh that's steep ....

Would there also be product add-ons / upgrades to the plushie ? Like Superman-mode, or Conan-mode, or even David Hasselhoff-mode, etc etc ?

What a fuckarow. -_-;

Due to bad weather and being sick I just got the dahlia tubers out of the ground. I lost one completely that was dug up but left out when I was sick. The workbench in the basment is now covered with dalhia clumps drying up on recycled wrapping paper. I'll let em dry up for about 4 days before I knock the rest of the dirt off clean em up divide em up and store em. Just slightly screwed when it comes to knowing what's what. I didnt mark any of em but the yellow for color/type. ^_^: Oh well, next year it will just be a suprise neh? :P

I keep on lookin at that workbench and I can picture grow lights and plants hangin out down there. ^_^; I think I'll start a little grow spot end of January. I have some geranium, some of the icecicle yellow snappers, and that bitch Yunalesca wintering in the house. They're okay in their mostly southern exposed windows for now, but light sux in the winter and in a few they'll need better light to grow well. I can start seeds in Feb and have a shit load of seedlings for the garden in spring.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

It must be combursome planting and catering to different sets of plants for different seasons. In 2 days I'll be doing some planting of my own at my cottage's so-called garden. So-called I say because my care-taker kills everything and there's nothing left behind to call a garden per say, bloooody. Have you ever used fertilizers ?

you have a basement Lady???? wow.... i was oblivious..... hmm.. well, your garden is still awesome the way it is =^_^= hehe i deffinately couldnt do that, im way too lazy ^^; but it looks amazing still.

ditto play in the yard at all while you were out?

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

Double G, how exactly is the creataker murdering the garden? Is he putting chemicals on it, digging it up, never watering What???

different plants can survive different tortures :P Some plants (thyme and some moss) dont mind being walked on.

How much sun does the spot get? full sun, partial sun, shade or deep shade are all things to know when picking out plants.

What's the temp and water situation? Does it get very hot and dry for extended periods of time? What is the low temp you get in winter?

If its hard to keep plants alive in your bed, you can try a different style of garden. Asian gardens can have fewer plants, more stones, and the plants can be shrubs bushes or trees that you bansi yourself. Stuff that will take a beating ya know :P

When I settle in a new house one of the exits to the house will lead to a Hill and Pond style asian garden. I dont want a huge water feature so I will use gravel to serve as the dry(river) bed. The water aspect will come from a Shishi Odoshi, I like the rythmic *donk* I already know which plants are going in there too. I have 2 Andromeda that are already being bansi-ed that will sit in front of the mountain. I have a pussywillow tree and I want a weeping (Higan) cherry tree for the space too. Not a lot of flowers or too many colors. google Japanese Garden and have a look.

It's country/english gardens that you find flowering plants growing together in clusters and rows.

you have a basement Lady???? wow.... i was oblivious.....
The door right across from where you walk into the house :look:

I have it cleverly disguised with pics the kids made me in art when they were lil X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

this is cool

image006.jpg

'The stone garden Ryoanji temple in Kyoto is a famous example. There are 15 stones in this garden, however you can never see all stones at the same time (Fig.2). Some stones are always hidden by other stones. This is a kind of active incompleteness. So if you want to get a whole image of the garden, you have to walk around in the garden as part of the garden. Then you will be able to co-create the whole image including you as part of the garden. This is the design principle of the co-creation system that is based on active incompleteness and embodiment.'

24.jpg

Look at this place, I'd love it in my yard.

http://rubens.anu.edu.au/raid4/japan0902/himeji/gardens/kokoen/garden_with_hill_and_pond/panoramas/index1.html

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Aaaaaaa thanks :hug: I checked those out and they're pretty informative ^_^. If only the soil was much better for these sorta plants to adapt plus the weather's monstrous x_x ... I don't see our climate-type in any of those zones. I'll share these with mum. Merci ^_^

It's a little too soon for plant things so I've started reworking the flagstone walkway. The stones have heaved over the years and it's been time to resettle them in for a while now. Quite a work out for the thighs n arms -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers