Ladywriter

garden outta control

I have alotta yellow iris in bloom. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

2 bags of mulch didn't go very far today. I'll need 6ish more for the new bed.

I stuck some spirament in today too.

I'm so tired

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Man, how long does it generally take to do the garden everyday 0_o

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

since the weather has finally been decent I head out around 11ish am and I generally stay out there untill 5 or 6 pm. I try to take a few 10 minute breaks to get something to drink cuz I get headaches from dehydration.

I'll guess it will be another 2 weeks before its weeded, edged and mulched to my satisfaction. Once its "done" I'll be able to sit out there and chill... and maybe plan where the next new bed will go :P

I'm going to try my hardest not to start anymore new beds this season. I've already more then doubled the size of the garden from last year. It's a great deal of grunt work- I dig down at least 6 inches to get all the grass root, my wheelbarrow sux ass and hauling dirt in that pig is tuff and exausting. By the time I'm done edging I think I will have had my fill of hauling dirt for the season -_-;

I'm pretty aggrivated. I'm haveing difficultu finding yellow snapdragons, lavender, heather, and wisteria -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yesterday Tree and I found yellow snapdragon ^_^;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Haha, awesome ! By the way, that's plenty of work, very hardwork !!!! And eerrrr, what's your remedy for all the creepy crawlies that come with the garden ^_^ (is uber scared of creepy crawlies)

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

there aren't too many bugs, mostly when I'm digging its ants, spiders and various larva (eww, I know... sick) The spiders get outta the way and if the larva is in the way I just flick it with the edge of the trowel. I fuckin hate the ants tho, alotta the bastards bite -_-; and they'll climb right under your clothes.

It took a little getting used to. the first couple times I grabbed a worm or grub (or half of one if I disected the thing with the shovel) I was kinda grossed out ^_^;

I went and got another 1oo+ feet of garden hose today so I can have water out on the garden rather than 80 trips back and forth with my lil watering can.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

one of the clematis has started to bloom

clematis.jpg

iris in the bed still being worked in

iris2.jpg

yellow iris taking over

iris.jpg

more later ...

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Wow...O_O my garden couldn't look this good in a million years...That's great!!!

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

there aren't too many bugs, mostly when I'm digging its ants, spiders and various larva (eww, I know... sick) The spiders get outta the way and if the larva is in the way I just flick it with the edge of the trowel. I fuckin hate the ants tho, alotta the bastards bite -_-; and they'll climb right under your clothes.

It took a little getting used to. the first couple times I grabbed a worm or grub (or half of one if I disected the thing with the shovel) I was kinda grossed out ^_^;

I went and got another 1oo+ feet of garden hose today so I can have water out on the garden rather than 80 trips back and forth with my lil watering can.

Ohh man ... that's tchoo much work ^_^:. But, I'm sure you must be pretty insect friendly now, AND you can practice for Fear Factor using your very own garden ^_^. Variety galore *gets kicked by Lady*

Those flowers are divine. Simply awesome :clap:

Is there like anything you cannot plant in a garden ... in the context of this - My mom once told me when I was a kid that if we planted chillies in a garden, it's believed to bring alongwith it a lot of fighting in the family. So I was just wondering ... do you guys believe that sorta stuff :meh:.

Why're Orange trees bad ^_^ ? Do they bring along a lot of insects/kill plants in their immediate vicinty ?

different plants thrive in different zones.

http://www.blossomswap.com/zone.html

Orange trees need a warmer climate then what we have up here in NY

My perennials have to be able to tolerate cold temps, way below freezing. We had temps this past winter that fell to 20 below zero. -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Ohhh that's the reason. But whatever you do, you should SHOULD have a Time Tree (if I remember correct from Inu Yasha ... that's what she had in the present I guess *knocks on his forehead to remember*) somewhere in your garden. It'll also be your very own personal love corner too ^_^ heh, that'd rock.

very pretty flowers! :)

When my letter reaches you, please don't break the seal
Just wait a little while, give it time to heal
And I belive you'll understand that this is my last and most loving request

the poppys are beautiful. the moss rose is getting huge. I've added a couple more plants; another lavender my 2 are doing so awsome. I'll get pics.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers