Ladywriter

garden outta control

well, it will still be several weeks (I'm thinking May) before I put them in the ground outside in the garden. I still have to finish digging out one huge new bed where several new plants are going to go. Can't do that 'till about mid to end of April. The soil here is really rich (cemetarys and woods all around). Hibiscus usually get about 2ft tall, but most of my plants go over and above average sizes.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Does anyone help you out with the grunt work over there?

When my letter reaches you, please don't break the seal
Just wait a little while, give it time to heal
And I belive you'll understand that this is my last and most loving request

i'll help her of course.. (unfortunately helping involves me shoveling for about 10 minutes, collapsing into an allergy attack and then landing on the dirt i was upturning, thus screwing up my shoveling work and then putting lady's back out by having her help me back to the house..) i suck. ;_;

aside from the allergy and asthma problem i think i'll be able to do more work in the garden this year. *plans to stay away from lettuce and plant more peppers*

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

You mean to say that the woman of the house does all the physical labor outside?!

When my letter reaches you, please don't break the seal
Just wait a little while, give it time to heal
And I belive you'll understand that this is my last and most loving request

thanks and yes, I do 99% of the grunt work myself *sigh*

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

ol' man winter is going to fight me to the bitter end, prick -_-;

It's gone up to somewhere in the 40's everyday all week. The snow is almost gone except where it was real deep or doesnt get a lot of sun. I have already started raking away the covering of last falls leaves from the beds (otherwise they would ferment/mold/nasty. It's okay in a compost pile to let em do that, but some mold/fungus can hurt spring plants coming up.)

We got 3 inches of snow last nite -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Man, I can imagine the agony of sweeping everything off and finding it back there, raised a few more levels, the next morning. I've never seen/felt snow and have always loved it, no matter not. My opinion's changing though *shakes head*

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I knew itwas time to get bizy in the garden.... This guy showed up in my yard and started his "It has begun!" bit

r-mc03.jpg^_^;

the rakeing has begun!

the digging has begun! I got the arch up yesterday :happy:

the weeding has begun! weeds are outta control in some beds already, damn things -_-;

plant growing has begun! Iris, lily, tulip, alium, crocus, daffadil etc are all poppin out of the ground. The lemon balm and hollyhock all have signs of new growth and it looks like some herbs actually survived the winter :wtf:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

well.. it's on. and I didn't even have time for a full on Blitz season. I already gotta sunburn and pulled a muscle or a tendon or some shit in my wrist. most of the new huge bed is ready for planting. it's gonna be one big muthafuckin flower bed. I have about 1/3 of it left to dig out and just a little fairly ez weeding. I have weeding to do in all the other beds too except for the clematis. Wufei (the giant goldfish we had that finally died last fall) is burried in a spot I need to weed, but I dun wanna accidently unearth his remains (ewwwwwwwwwwww) I think I burried him deep enough tho. He was a huge fish so I burried him at baby tree depth and I dont have to go that deep to get the roots of the weeds.

I had tubers that were already producing plants while they were still in plastic bags. 4 plants had to go in the ground already so I have them covered w/ old aquariums cuz we're still getting 30 degree nights this week. -_-;

We put in a lil baby pussywillow tree bout 2 ft tall, and the autum gold blackberry.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Maybe your fish, could haunt the badgers and whatevers that eat your plants/roots/stuff too ...

Heh, on a serious note, good news Lady. You know, you should click a snap or two ("Before" like) and then when you're done, click the finished product with all the plants growing, having ammassed your garden ^_^

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

No gorillas, but we get big mosquitoes and I've seen a few of them. The new part of the garden is dug out, edged and 99.8% weed free. I've been weeding and edging the old beds.

What went in this week:

Hydranga, Butterfly Bush, red/orange marigold(6), morning glory, gerber daisy(2), blue lobelia (12),Morgan Flowers(2), Pink Snapdragon (6), Rosemary(2), Concord Grape(2).

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Oooh! Be sure to post shots of everything when it comes into full bloom! Especially the Snapdragons!

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

what went in ...

yellow callendula, red carnation, somethin else that flowers red that I cant remember off the top of my head ^_^; sweet potato vine, ivy, sunflowers, hollyhock, sledgers planted peppers and more hens n chicks

I think I'm forgeting something...

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Off Topic:

The kids hid a garden snake in Morgan's room -_-;

I made them let it go -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

What brutal kids ^_^ ... I'm terrified by them snakes, lizards even X'D

wow....lots and lots of work.....i want to re-start the vegetable garden that me and my mom used to plant, weed, and take care of around 3 years ago. maybe ill go out and buy the seeds myself, plant some, and then my mom wil help with the weeding =^.^= (thats all i usually helped with)

it looks great, and yes, take piccus! hehe obviously we all want to see :happy:

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

we worked most of yesterday in the garden.. lady mowed the entire lawn (tractor is fixed, yay!) and we planted some more plants. :happy: a rubarb, cherry tomato, vinca, ferns, mandrake, foxglove and we got a little fuschia. ^_^

attached is a pic of the fuschia flowers.

post-1-135551580667_thumb.jpg

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg