Ladywriter

garden outta control

Woooooooo, you have deer come visit your garden ^_^ cute ! Are there other animals who come and bump into you guys ? At my place in that Hillstation I'd gone to recently, there are usually a lot of monkeys, scary.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

we get a lot of deer, Ive had 15 or so in the back yard all at once. we get a gaggle of wild turkey, the tom is huge. I had a scary encounter with a possum, and have had a few 'incidents' with groundhogs. I hate those bastards with a passion.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

15 deer in your garden, is something that's uber cute, you know. You didn't invite em or did they barge into your house all jumping and hopping, stealing all your grape-juice from the refridgerator ^_^ ?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

This once, I'm guessing 2 years back, when I'd left the door open in the afternoon, hell was upon me. I was taking a nap and I forgot to lock my front-main door and because of my negligence, there were 2 monkeys strolling my hall ^_^:. I am scared of monkeys. Period. And when that happened, I totally screached like somebody was pinching my balls or something aka the BeeGees voice. I guess that frightened them and they left running :oops:. Although I'm scared of them smaller monkeys, I love apes :happy: *is probably petrified of em too ^_^:*

I think I'd freak out if wild monkees got in the house. I have enuff trouble with the kids wreckin up the place :look:

I do not like moles, nasty blind scuzzy vermin bastards. I had one charge me in the yard once. I tried to hit it with the rake, and of course I was screaming cuz I HATE moles. My dog came to my rescue. She's also saved me from a rampageing groundhog. Yay mutt!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Awesome :tup: dogs rule !! Zorba, my lab, loves chasing pigeons and almost anything and everything he sees. He loves to play a lot, and often scares a lot of people/animals because of that trait of his. They all think he's gonna jump on em :meh:

At that hillstation though, he keeps guard and keeps off any other dogs or cows or buffalos from coming into our gates. The time when the monkey's got into my house, he hadn't come on that trip. I wonder what he'd have done *ponders*

he prolly woulda made some monkee sandwhiches X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I think I might freak if I found a bunch of monkees in the house. Jeez.. kids are bad enuff X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

hmm.. I'm not quite sure what to do.

My Gardenia (Yunalesca) has mites. I'm not sure if they are predator mites or spider mites or maybe both. The plant isn't dieing, but there is evidence of spider mite damage. There are no webs tho, indicating something is keeping spider mite population down. It could be my incessant watering of the bitch tho. I'm not sure.

I could hit it with a pestacide and kill em all, but I dont want to kill any of the predator mites. Yunalesca is going in the garden come spring and I want the predator mites to go with. There are other plants out there that will benifit from having those inscets out there.

I thought about getting some ladybugs, but you can only order a lot of them. I only need a few at the moment. I'll put something out by the garden for the ladybugs in the spring. They eat all kinds of bad bugs.

The problem is I have to start my Hibiscus soon. I'm just about out of room for plants in the kitchen unless I kill something off. That means the seedlings would have to be in with Yunalesca.

This frigin gardenia is a pain in my ass, but the flowers are worth it -_- . I'm not bringing it in again in the fall. I'm going to go for making a micro climate facing sw for a couple of plants. I'll even cover it up in the winter. If the roots dont totaly freeze it might make it.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

If you add Ladybugs, would they kinda find their way into your house or something ? And that's good thinking about the creation of a different environment/climate for hte plants. Is that why people have those green-house kinda rooms with plants in em ?

As long as the ladybugs have a place to live out by the garden, they should stay out there. Ocassionally they swarm the house anyway, but they dont get inside very often.

A greenhouse room in a house is generally called the sun room or the Florida room. Most of the time the room is on the south end of the house. It's a great place to keep sensitive plants over the winter in cold ass places like NY.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Are you thinking of having one, or you've got one already ^_^ ??? I've never actually seen one, but I have an idea from Minority Report.

I wouldn't know American bylaws when it comes to construction, and I say this because I wanted to ask you, whether you could easily make a Green House without a lot of paperwork or permissions or government hindrances ? Over here, even at my cottage at that hillstation, I'm not allowed to raise my roof or construct anything outside the already constructed house.

To add a room to the house or build a greenhouse out in the yard I would have to get a building permit from the town. I wouldnt do it here cuz I rent, but once we buy a house ... ^___^

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

To add a room to the house or build a greenhouse out in the yard I would have to get a building permit from the town. I wouldnt do it here cuz I rent, but once we buy a house ... ^___^

What you could do is buy one of those little portable green houses, that you can take down if it becomes prudent to do so.

I just finished putting one up in my yard here, and the thing seems like it'll be a good investment. They're supposed to handle upto 50mph wind, 3inches of snow, and upto stone sized hail.

Since it isn't a permenent structure, the city can't say jack, and if the neighbors complain, just have Sledge and one of his buds move it; the damn thing only weighs 75lbs plus plants.

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

I've been here 6 years this month. My landlord finally mentioned selling the property to me :rolleyes:

There's a lot to be done here; 3 old chiken coops that need to be torn down and an old barn too. i would also become a landlord to the house in front till I tear that bitch down and put in a grove of trees... I dunno. I guess it depends on how much he wants for the place. The location is just so amazing that it would suck to miss out on it....

before I put up a greenhouse, I'm putting in a pool :P

2 weeks and i gotta start my seeds. Yunalesca is doing much better. i think the predator mites have all but eliminated the bastards chompin on the plant. yay!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

You being a landlady kinda reminded me of Hibiya-san ... HIbiya Chitose :happy:

Whoa, a pool you say. Sweet .... I'm imagining it's one of those oversized tubs right, or are you gonna go for something underground (digging the ground n having it at ground level) ....

I would probably go w/ above ground w/ a deck just because of my animals.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

That's a god idea...animal hair is hell on the filters...-_-; I hada pool at my old house, and the dogs just kept jumping in, we didn't think anything of it until the filter tank split. Seems that the hair isn't as porous as ours, and it clogs it enough that the pressure can't go anywhere else.

And for fair warning, to get all teh chemicals and shit to start teh pool, I hope your willing to dole out about $2000 or more depending on the size or pool you get(Mine was 24' cir and 4' deep). Just thought you'd like the info.

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

I started the Hibiscus seeds. I hope they do well for me.

post-3-13555158064_thumb.jpg

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Those look super colorfull and lively ^_^ ... good luck ! *crosses almost any finger he can at the moment ... itshard to tyep neow*

I got 2 seeds that have sprouted aleady! I'm so excited ^_^

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers